Satanic Craigslist Killers Dodge Death Penalty for Man’s Vicious Murder, ‘Culture of denial’ leaving UK children at risk of serious abuse

August 29, 2014 Comments Off on Satanic Craigslist Killers Dodge Death Penalty for Man’s Vicious Murder, ‘Culture of denial’ leaving UK children at risk of serious abuse

Satanic Craigslist Killers Dodge Death Penalty for Man’s Vicious Murder
By Dominic Gover  IB Times – Wed, Aug 27, 2014
A young married couple who killed a man who answered their Craigslist advert, and then claimed more victims, have dodged the death penalty for murder.

Miranda Barbour, 19 and Elytte Barbour, 22, admitted the murdered of Troy LaFerrara in Pennsylvania, United States, last year.

Forty-two year-old LaFerrara was stabbed and strangled by the couple when he met them in a car, after making contact on the popular website Craigslist.

Both Barbours pleaded guilty to murder, meaning they will not face a death sentence for the crime. The case saw them labelled the ‘Craigslist Killers’….

Police documents stated Elytte hid beneath a blanket in a car and then pounced upon LaFerrara when Miranda gave him a signal. She stabbed him repeatedly while Elytte strangled him from the back seat.

Following her arrest and charge for the murder of LaFerra, Miranda claimed to have killed 22 more victims and dumped their body parts in locations close to a venue where she previously worked as a go-go dancer.

Miranda said the alleged killing spree was motivated by her beliefs in Satanism. She also said her alleged victims were men who had “deserved it”.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/satanic-craigslist-killers-dodge-death-penalty-mans-vicious-142856708.html

Craigslist Killers: Satanic murder married couple lure man to death with sex ad on website
Aug 27, 2014 By Christopher Bucktin
Troy LaFerrara, 42, was stabbed and strangled to death by 19-year-old Miranda Barbour and her husband, Elytte Barbour, 22, in Pennsylvania

A satanic teen killer and her husband have avoided the death penalty after they pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a married man whom she lured to his death using the Internet.

Miranda Barbour, 19, and Elytte Barbour, 22, had previously pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder charges that carried a possible death penalty upon conviction.

Following her arrest the 19-year-old boasted from her prison cell on Valentine’s Day she had killed at least 22 other people over six years in a cross-country murder spree motivated by her satanic cult beliefs.

She said she dumped body parts in Big Lake, Alaska, and also in Mexico Beach, Florida where she worked as a 15-year-old lap dancer but police have failed to find any victims….
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/craigslist-killers-satanic-murder-married-4114957

This culture of silence and denial around child abuse must end
I know from my own experience how difficult it is for victims to speak up, so when they do it is vital that we listen, believe and treat them with respect
James Rhodes         theguardian.com, Thursday 28 August 2014

Rotherham stands apart for many reasons: the sheer number of perpetrators; the sheer numbers involved (some survivors, some, sadly, inevitably victims) – 1,400 conservatively estimated – the contents of two state secondary schools or 127 school football teams. But there is a more devastating reason it stands alone: the resounding silence. The countless children who were brave enough to come forward at the time and afterwards, who were disbelieved, punished, mocked, accused and summarily dismissed.

We are told to keep quiet from the earliest, pre-verbal stages of life. Children should be seen, not heard. Don’t answer back. You have two ears and one mouth for a reason. Don’t speak until spoken to. Put up and shut up.

And then a child, doused with petrol and threatened to be set alight, gang-raped and forced to watch others suffer the same, digs deep down and somehow finds the extraordinary courage to stand up and say “this happened to me”. She risks the all-encompassing shame, the reliving and recounting of unimaginable horrors, the video evidence, diagrams of who did what and where, being questioned repeatedly by adults trying to pick holes in her story, the blame, recrimination, taunts, insults; the final, ghastly ripping of the child out of a child. She does it anyway.

I didn’t. I wasn’t that brave. I waited 25 years before going through all that. I was finally heard and believed, and the police tracked down and charged the teacher who raped me. But pick any one of those 1,400 children and look at their experience of the aftermath of abuse and hang your heads in shame.

There is a large section of society for whom talking about child abuse is in itself as bad as child abuse. We are complicit in the shaming, silencing, blaming and castigating of those who are our most defenceless and vulnerable, and it must not, can not, should not stand any longer….

Abuse thrives on silence. It exists because those who have endured it believe at a cellular level that they are in the wrong. They believe they are inherently evil. They believe it is their fault. Is that any surprise given the monstrosity of the Rotherham case?
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/aug/28/silence-denial-chld-abuse-rotherham

‘Culture of denial’ leaving UK children at risk of serious abuse
Deputy children’s commissioner Sue Berelowitz says, despite Rotherham and gang violence cases elsewhere, police and authorities are practising ‘wilful blindness’
Randeep Ramesh The Guardian, Wednesday 27 August 2014

Children are at risk of serious abuse across England because of a culture of “wilful blindness” about the scale and prevalence of sexual exploitation across swaths of local government and in police forces, the deputy children’s commissioner warns.

In a highly critical interview given in the aftermath of the Rotherham abuse inquiry, which concluded that hundreds of children may have been abused there over a 16-year period, Sue Berelowitz said she had been “aghast” at the examples of obvious errors and poor practice she found.

Berelowitz told the Guardian she had discovered that police and council officers were in some cases still either looking the other way, not asking questions or claiming abuse was confined to a certain ethnic group – such as Asian men – or a particular social class….

Because the subject matter is uncomfortable and scrutiny damaging, Berelowitz added that there was a “culture of denial” that had been exposed by Prof Alexis Jay’s inquiry into the handling of child abuse in Rotherham. It found at least 1,400 children were sexually exploited by predominantly Asian criminal gangs between 1997 and 2013….
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/27/culture-denial-rotherham-sexual-abuse-berelowitz-police

UK to Investigate Claims of Child Abuse Cover-Up, The alleged paedophile ring at the heart of the British Establishment

July 8, 2014 Comments Off on UK to Investigate Claims of Child Abuse Cover-Up, The alleged paedophile ring at the heart of the British Establishment

UK to Investigate Claims of Child Abuse Cover-Up
LONDON – Jul 7, 2014
By JILL LAWLESS Associated Press

The British government vowed Monday to discover whether public institutions have exposed vulnerable children to sexual abuse — and whether authorities suppressed abuse allegations to protect politicians and other powerful people.

Home Secretary Theresa May said a panel of legal and child-protection experts would investigate how public agencies, including governments and hospitals, handled child-abuse allegations. She said she set up the inquiry after “appalling cases of organized and persistent” sexual abuse, including decades of assaults by the late TV host Jimmy Savile.

“Some of these cases have exposed a failure by public bodies to take their responsibilities seriously,” May told the House of Commons.

May said a related investigation, led by National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children chief executive Peter Wanless, would examine whether abuse claims handed to authorities in the 1980s were lost or destroyed to protect wrongdoers.

Last year, an internal government inquiry found that 114 files relating to allegations of child abuse that were handed to officials had been lost or destroyed….

Savile was exposed after his death in 2011 as a predatory pedophile who assaulted victims in hospitals, children’s homes and TV studios.

TV entertainer Rolf Harris was sentenced last week to almost six years in prison after being convicted of 12 counts of abusing girls.

Several recent cases in which gangs of men have been convicted of sexually exploiting girls in the care of local authorities also exposed failures by police and social services.

And after the 2010 death of Liberal Democrat lawmaker Cyril Smith, prosecutors acknowledged that in 1970 eight men accused Smith of abusing them as teens. Prosecutors said Smith was never charged but should have been.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/uk-investigate-claims-child-abuse-cover-24448962

The alleged paedophile ring at the heart of the British Establishment
Investigation in to alleged child abuse ring in Westminster dogged by claims of cover ups and missing files
By Tom Whitehead, Security Editor 06 Jul 2014

The country was still reeling from the horrors of the Jimmy Savile child abuse scandal that saw the BBC accused of cover up and culture of secrecy to protect itself.

But the expose opened the door on a potentially even more explosive scandal – the claims of a VIP Westminster paedophile ring operating from the heart of the British Establishment from the 1960s onwards.

It has led to allegations of a massive cover up across Whitehall spanning decades, pressure on the police and prosecutors not to pursue cases and the apparent disappearance of key dossiers and files detailing claims of child abuse and alleged attackers.

More than 10 current and former politicians are said to be on a list of alleged child abusers now being investigated by police and the pressure is growing for a public inquiry.

But the belated investigations only serve to highlight decades of apparent inaction in the corridors of power to get to the truth despite relentless campaigning by a number of MPs.

The story begins with Cyril Smith, the late Liberal Democrat MP, who was exposed as an alleged paedophile in 2012, two years after his death, aged 82.

Rumours of child abuse had dogged the 29-stone Rochdale politician throughout his career but no action was ever taken.

As early as the 1960s, he allegedly routinely assaulted young boys, especially in children’s homes and special schools in his home town, where he was MP from 1972 to 1992.

He was also said to have been a visitor to the notorious Elm Guest house in South-west London, now the focus of a Scotland Yard investigation into an alleged VIP paedophile ring

It was claimed earlier this year that police received 144 complaints against him over the years but no prosecution was ever brought fuelling allegations he was protected by influential friends….

However, Smith was only one of a number of alleged high profile child abusers within Westminster said to have been named in a 40-page dossier submitted to the Home Office by the late campaigning Tory MP Geoffrey Dickens in 1983.

Mr Dickens told his family at the time that it named leading public figures, including senior politicians, and was going to “blow it all apart”.

It was also said to contain information on the notorious Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE) which was set up in 1974 to promote and lobby the legalisation of sexual activity between minors and adults….

The then Home Secretary Lord (Leon) Brittan was sent the file but no record of any subsequent criminal inquiry has been found and the dossier itself has disappeared….

It is understood more than 10 current and former politicians are now on a list of alleged child abusers held by police investigating claims of a Westminster paedophile ring.

MPs or peers from all three main political parties are on the list, which includes former ministers and household names….
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10950111/The-alleged-paedophile-ring-at-the-heart-of-the-British-Establishment.html

Satanic ritual abuse in the UK and Scotland

January 27, 2013 Comments Off on Satanic ritual abuse in the UK and Scotland

Satanic ritual abuse in the UK and Scotland

Published on Jan 24, 2013
First of a series looking at expert Laurie Matthew and her work and research in the area of satanic ritual abuse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk9TjWIga6k

http::/ww.18u.org.uk
http://www.violenceispreventable.org.uk
http://www.rans.org.uk
http://www.izzyspromise.org.uk

UK Rally Against Child Abuse and Race Against Child Abuse

May 3, 2011 Comments Off on UK Rally Against Child Abuse and Race Against Child Abuse

RACE AGAINST CHILD ABUSE 2011
SATURDAY MAY 7TH, 2011 11.00am

RACECOURSE PARK, KETTERING ROAD, NORTHAMPTON, UK

In June 2010, a newly founded charity ‘Against Child Abuse’ launched their first annual ‘Race Against Child Abuse’, a 5km sponsored fun run in Northampton. The event was a great success and attracted local press coverage.

With the support of family and friends, enough money was raised from the Race in 2010 to organise a UK Rally Against Child Abuse in Trafalgar Square, London. Victims, survivors, families, support groups and campaigners were given the opportunity to speak out and stand united for the cause. The event was a great success and was covered by ITN News.

This year’s Race Against Child Abuse already has five times the amount of participants than last year and the charity hopes to raise enough money to assist other smaller, grassroots, support organisations helping victims and survivors of child abuse. The charity is holding another UK Rally Against Child Abuse in Trafalgar Square on Saturday
June 4th 2011. To find out more about ‘Against Child Abuse’ or to sign up for this year’s Race visit

http://www.againstchildabuse.co.uk/race-against-child-abuse.html
Email: againstchildabuse@live.co.uk

UK RALLY AGAINST CHILD ABUSE
Saturday 4th June 2011

The UK Rally Against Child Abuse is part of a peaceful child protection movement giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to join together, not only in raising awareness of this most serious issue but also providing a source of support for victims, survivors and families and showing that they are not alone. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join us – victims, survivors, non-survivors, friends, families, supporters and support organisations, anyone who is against child abuse and wants to make a difference – for the children.

Members of the public will be invited to take the stand to voice their views and share their experiences. Support organisations are invited to take the stand to promote their work and are encouraged to bring publicity materials.

Start  1:00pm Trafalgar Square, Westminster, London. Finish  4:00pm
(Please note: this event will be filmed & speeches aired with permission)
For enquiries, please email truthandhope@live.co.uk
http://www.againstchildabuse.co.uk/uk-rally-against-child-abuse.html

Where Am I?

You are currently browsing entries tagged with UK at Eassurvey's Weblog.