Amnesty demands investigation by UK child abuse inquiry of Kincora Boys’ Home, Mass priest defrocked for sexual abuse

April 1, 2016 Comments Off on Amnesty demands investigation by UK child abuse inquiry of Kincora Boys’ Home, Mass priest defrocked for sexual abuse

Paedophile child psychiatrist revelations – Amnesty demands investigation by UK child abuse inquiry
“It’s too late to save the children abused by Fraser. It’s not too late for the truth to come out.” – Patrick Corrigan

Amnesty International has called again for allegations of involvement by UK security services in child abuse at Kincora Boys’ Home in Northern Ireland to be investigated by the Westminster child abuse inquiry.

The latest Amnesty call comes as a new report reveals that Dr Morris Fraser, a child psychiatrist who has been linked to Kincora, and who was convicted of sexually assaulting a child while working for a Belfast hospital in 1972, was allowed to remain on the British medical register for 24 more years during which he was convicted on abuse charges on two further occasions.

Report author Dr Niall Meehan cites a number of sources linking Dr Fraser to abuse at Kincora Boys’ Home. Allegations have persisted for decades that a paedophile ring at Kincora Boys’ Home in Belfast was linked to the British intelligence services….

Three senior staff at Kincora – William McGrath, Raymond Semple and Joseph Mains – were jailed in 1981 for child abuse, but there have been suggestions of a mass cover-up by MI5, which was rumoured to be protecting high-ranking paedophiles in the military, Civil Service and politics.

One of the child sex abuse victims from Kincora is challenging the home’s exclusion from the inquiry in a judicial review being considered in Belfast High Court. Gary Hoy, who was abused by two of the men who were subsequently convicted, is taking legal action to force a full independent inquiry with the power to compel witnesses and the security services to hand over documents.

The judicial review case has heard allegations that MI5 was involved in covering up the sexual abuse of children in order to protect an intelligence-gathering operation it ran in the 1970s. A decision in the judicial review case is due to be delivered on April 8th.

Government papers disclosed last year revealed that the Belfast boys’ home was at the heart of correspondence involving the security services.

The papers also named former government figures alleged to have been involved in paedophile rings. These include the late Sir William van Straubenzee, who was a government minister in Northern Ireland between 1972-74 when the allegations of a paedophile ring at Kincora were first made; and Sir Peter Hayman, former deputy director of MI6.

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-releases/paedophile-child-psychiatrist-revelations-amnesty-demands-investigation-uk-child

Massachusetts priest defrocked for sexually abusing minor: archdiocese
BOSTON By Scott Malone  Thu Mar 31, 2016

A suburban Boston priest has been defrocked by the Vatican after an investigation by the Roman Catholic church found him guilty of child sexual abuse, the Boston Archdiocese said on Thursday.

The priest, Thomas H. Maguire, was serving as pastor of Saint Helen Mother of the Emperor Constantine church in Norwell, Massachusetts, about 25 miles (40 km) southeast of Boston, when he was accused in 2012 of inappropriate sexual activity with minors. Maguire was suspended from priestly duties at that time.

Police investigated that allegation but did not find evidence of a crime.

However, following the news of Maguire’s suspension, other people came forward to accuse him of sexual abuse dating to the mid-1990s and earlier, the Boston Archdiocese said in a statement.

A probe by church officials into those earlier allegations concluded that Maguire was guilty of abuse of a minor, the archdiocese said.

It was unclear if there was one or more victims, and the earlier incidents were too old to be criminally prosecuted….

The 2015 film “Spotlight,” which chronicled the Globe’s reporting of the clergy sex abuse scandal, earlier this year won the Academy Award for Best Picture.

The Vatican unveiled in 2014 that it had defrocked more than 800 priests since the start of the crisis.

Insurance experts told a Vatican conference in 2012 that as many as 100,000 U.S. children may have been the victims of clerical sex abuse. Some 12 U.S. dioceses have filed for bankruptcy since the scandal broke, in part due to more than $3 billion in settlements paid to victims.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-massachusetts-priest-idUSKCN0WX2GS

Advertisements

2nd Houston-area teen convicted in occult killing, Ex-MP Harvey Proctor questioned in child abuse inquiry, Jehovah’s Witnesses to compensate woman over sex abuse

June 20, 2015 Comments Off on 2nd Houston-area teen convicted in occult killing, Ex-MP Harvey Proctor questioned in child abuse inquiry, Jehovah’s Witnesses to compensate woman over sex abuse

–  2nd Houston-area teen convicted in occult killing
” A Harris County jury has convicted a second Houston-area teenager of murder in the death of a girl who prosecutors say was killed as part of a satanic ritual.”

– Ex-MP Harvey Proctor questioned in child abuse inquiry
“The alleged victim has told the BBC he was abused by senior political, military and “law enforcement” figures, and has also said children were abused at Army facilities in southern England.

– Jehovah’s Witnesses to compensate woman over sex abuse
“A woman who claimed Jehovah’s Witness elders failed to protect her from sex abuse carried out by a paedophile has won a £275,000 payout.”

2nd Houston-area teen convicted in occult killing
Friday, June 19, 2015

HOUSTON (AP) — A Harris County jury has convicted a second Houston-area teenager of murder in the death of a girl who prosecutors say was killed as part of a satanic ritual.

Jurors on Friday found 17-year-old Victor Alas guilty in the February 2014 death of 15-year-old Corriann Cervantes at a vacant apartment southeast of Houston. The conviction carries an automatic life sentence.

Authorities investigated the case as a satanic ritual killing because a cross was carved into Cervantes’ abdomen and because of objects found at the scene.

Alas’ attorneys say they couldn’t overcome a videotaped confession he gave to police.

Jose Reyes, then 17, also was convicted and received a life sentence last December. Authorities have said the pair hoped to make a deal with the devil by killing Cervantes.
http://www.theeagle.com/news/texas/nd-houston-area-teen-convicted-in-occult-killing/article_54f01523-9305-5ed4-8510-e37a9499fb13.html

Ex-MP Harvey Proctor questioned in child abuse inquiry
19 June 2015
A former MP has been questioned by police investigating historical allegations of child abuse and murder.

Harvey Proctor, Conservative MP for Billericay until 1987, was interviewed under caution but was not arrested.

Police are investigating claims that a group of prominent men in public life sexually and physically abused children in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Mr Proctor, who has denied any part in abuse, said the interview on Thursday took place at his request….

The investigation began after a man in his 40s made a series of allegations last year.

The alleged victim has told the BBC he was abused by senior political, military and “law enforcement” figures, and has also said children were abused at Army facilities in southern England.

It is claimed that three children were murdered at different London locations.

In March, Mr Proctor denied any involvement in child abuse – some of which is alleged to have taken place at the Dolphin Square apartment complex in Pimlico, London.

He said: “I have never attended sex parties at Dolphin Square or anywhere else.

“I have not been part of any rent boy ring with cabinet ministers, other members of Parliament or generals or the military….

Harvey Proctor was born in Pontefract, West Yorkshire, and served as a Conservative MP from 1979 to 1987, representing the Essex constituencies of Basildon and then Billericay.

In 1987, he was fined after pleading guilty to gross indecency over sexual activity with men under the age of 21 – then the legal age of consent for gay men.

He said he believed the men were above the age of consent. The men were above the current age of consent, which is 16….
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33201175

Jehovah’s Witnesses to compensate woman over sex abuse
19 June 2015
A woman who claimed Jehovah’s Witness elders failed to protect her from sex abuse carried out by a paedophile has won a £275,000 payout.

The woman, now in her 20s, alleges she was abused as a child in Loughborough by ministerial servant Peter Stewart.

She had argued at London’s High Court that he used his role to abuse her.

A judge ruled the organisation was liable for the abuse because it failed to take “safeguarding steps” after Stewart admitted abusing another child.

Mr Justice Globe said he was “satisfied” the defendants should be “held responsible” for the abuse, which took place between 1989 and 1994.

It is the first civil case in the UK of historical sexual abuse brought against the Christian-based religious movement.

The organisation – which accepted that Stewart, who died before facing justice, sexually abused the claimant – said it was “disappointed” with the decision and would appeal….

The woman, known only as C during the case, says she was abused by Stewart between the ages of four and nine.

At the time he was a trusted ministerial servant, whose role was to assist elders with religious and administrative duties.

Shortly after C’s abuse began, Stewart was found to have abused another child in the Jehovah’s Witness community.

He was removed as a ministerial servant in 1990 but because he told elders he had repented, he was allowed to continue with many of the activities he had performed in that role.

C alleges he continued to abuse her for another four years….

In 1995, Stewart was convicted of separate child sex offences, including rape and indecent assault, and jailed for five years.

He died, aged 72, in 2001, shortly before police arrived at his home to arrest him for sexually abusing C.

The court had heard C had “suffered hugely” as a result of the abuse, which had affected her education, career and relationships….

The damages and an interim payment of £455,000 towards C’s legal costs will be met by the society’s trustees. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33201010

Where Am I?

You are currently browsing entries tagged with UK Child Abuse Inquiry at Eassurvey's Weblog.