Gauteng sees rise in Satanic ritual killings, Cardinal George Pell admits Church covered up cases of child sex abuse, Northern Ireland victims launch joint campaign
May 31, 2013 Comments Off on Gauteng sees rise in Satanic ritual killings, Cardinal George Pell admits Church covered up cases of child sex abuse, Northern Ireland victims launch joint campaign
– Gauteng sees rise in Satanic ritual killings
– Cardinal George Pell admits Church covered up cases of child sex abuse
– Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry: NI victims launch joint campaign (Northern Ireland)
Gauteng sees rise in Satanic ritual killings
Thursday 30 May 2013 SABC
Gauteng police say there has been a notable increase in the number of reported cases involving alleged Satanic ritual killings.
The latest incident involves a 14 year old boy accused of killing three of his family members. The teenager apparently said an unusual prayer before midnight last Thursday – in what may have been a Satanic ritual.
Early this year, a learner, Keamogetswe Sefularo was stabbed to death in an alleged satanic ritual in Randfontein on the West Rand….
The Church of Satan in South Africa has meanwhile distanced itself from murder as part of their religious rituals. There have been allegations that the boy is a member of the Satanist church….
Cardinal George Pell admits Church covered up cases of child sex abuse By Brigid Andersen Mon May 27, 2013
Australia’s top-ranking Catholic has admitted to a Victorian parliamentary inquiry that some members of the Church tried to cover up child sexual abuse by other members of the clergy.
Cardinal George Pell told the inquiry he was “fully apologetic and absolutely sorry” about decades of child sex abuse within the Church….
Key points: What Pell told the inquiry
Apologised for decades of abuse in Melbourne diocese.
Admitted a systemic cover-up of child abuse within the Church.
Said former Ballarat bishop Ronald Mulkearns destroyed documents relating to abuse cases.
Said former Melbourne archbishop Frank Little covered up cases of abuse.
Said abuse became widespread because the clergy did not talk about the problem.
Defended the Melbourne Response, which he established to deal with abuse cases.
Defended maximum compensation level of $75,000 for victims of abuse….
In its submission to the inquiry, the Catholic Church said at least 620 Victorian children had been abused by its clergy in the past 80 years….
Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry: NI victims launch joint campaign 29 May 2013
Abuse victims whose cases are excluded from a Stormont inquiry into historical child abuse have united in a campaign for their allegations to be included.
The Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry is examining allegations of abuse in state-run children’s homes and other institutions in Northern Ireland.
However, victims of clerical child abuse and former residents of Magdalene laundry-style institutions in Northern Ireland are excluded from the remit.
They have launched a joint campaign. The two groups were due to call for the remit of the Historic Institutional Abuse Inquiry to be widened.
The inquiry, chaired by retired judge Sir Anthony Hart, was set up by the Stormont Executive and is examining cases from 1922 to 1995.
It will also determine if there were systemic failings by the state, or institutions, in their duties towards children under 18.
It was originally set up to investigate cases going back as far as 1945, but it was later extended to cover the period back to the foundation of the state in 1922….