June 23, 2016 Comments Off on Australian commission: Military cadets raped as initiation, Satanism in Britian – 60 Minutes
Australian commission: Military cadets raped as initiation
By Rebecca Wright, CNN Wed June 22, 2016
Teenage recruits were raped by staff and forced to rape each other as part of initiation practices in the Australian military going back to 1960, a public inquiry heard on Tuesday.
The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sex Abuse is hearing evidence from men and women who say they were sexually abused when they were as young as 15, in certain divisions of the Australian defense force.
This commission is focusing on alleged abuse at the naval training center HMAS Leeuwin in Western Australia and the army apprentice school Balcombe in Victoria during the 1960s, ’70s and ’80s and also among cadets with the Australian defense force since 2000.
In total, 111 victims came forward to report abuse. More than a dozen of them will give evidence to the inquiry in Sydney, which continues until July 1.
“On multiple occasions, I was snatched from my bed in the middle of the night by older recruits and dragged to a sports oval,” said one male witness who wasn’t named.
The witness said he was forced to rape other recruits, and was raped himself by older recruits and staff.
“The environment made it useless to resist,” he said. “One could stand only so much abuse before realizing that saying ‘no’ was pointless. After a while compliance and getting it over and done with seemed the best solution.”
Many survivors say that when they reported the abuse, they were ignored, punished, or told it was “a rite of passage” in their initiation period….
March 3, 2016 Comments Off on Cardinal Pell admits he did not act on abuse claim
Cardinal Pell admits he did not act on abuse claim
March 2, 2016 Australia
Vatican treasurer Cardinal George Pell has admitted he did not act after a boy told him about a paedophile priest.
The cardinal told an Australian Royal Commission into child abuse that a student at St Patrick’s College in Ballarat said Brother Edward Dowlan was “misbehaving with boys” in 1974.
He said it was “casually mentioned” and the boy did not ask him to act.
Dowlan, who has since changed his name to Ted Bales, was jailed last year for abusing boys in the 1970s and ’80s.
Cardinal Pell is giving evidence from Rome to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sex Abuse….
Pell said it was a “disastrous coincidence” that five paedophiles came to be at the same school and parish in Ballarat in the 1970s….
Ritual Abuse Evidence
Child Abuse Wiki – Ritual Abuse http://childabusewiki.org/index.php?title=Ritual_Abuse
Cosby sues 7 accusers for defamation, Cardinal Pell told to attend child abuse inquiry after video link request denied
December 16, 2015 Comments Off on Cosby sues 7 accusers for defamation, Cardinal Pell told to attend child abuse inquiry after video link request denied
Cosby sues 7 accusers for defamation, seeks damages and retractions
By Ralph Ellis, CNN Mon December 14, 2015
Bill Cosby has struck back against some of the dozens of women who’ve accused him of sexual assault.
The world-famous comedian countersued seven women who’d sued him for defamation, saying they actually defamed him.
By saying he sexually assaulted them, the women hurt his reputation so much that plans for a new family comedy on NBC were derailed, the counterclaim said.
The women made “malicious, opportunistic, and false and defamatory accusations of sexual misconduct against” Cosby, his lawyer Monique Pressley said in a statement. They made the accusations to hurt Cosby’s reputation and to obtain financial gain, Pressley said.
Cosby is seeking unspecified damages and public retractions from the seven women: Tamara Green, Therese Serignese, Linda Traitz, Louisa Moritz, Barbara Bowman, Joan Tarshis and Angela Leslie.
The lawyer for the seven women, Joseph Cammarata, issued a statement on Monday saying his clients want their day in court and “expect that their good name and reputation will be restored.”
“If anyone is surprised by Cosby’s actions today, they shouldn’t be,” Cammarata said. “He’s taken a page out of the defense attorney’s playbook in an effort to shift the focus of this legitimate inquiry. It is curious that he has filed a claim only against these seven women, when there are scores of other women who have made similar allegations of sexual abuse and assault against Mr. Cosby.”
Cosby also denied he had sexually assaulted any of the seven women. He has not been charged with any crime. More than 40 women have come forward to publicly accuse Cosby, 78, of assaulting them over four decades, often saying he supplied them with drugs. Cosby’s lawyers or representative denied the accusations in the media….
Cardinal Pell told to attend child abuse inquiry after video link request denied
Request from Australia’s highest-ranking cleric to appear by video link because of health reasons has been refused by chair of royal commission Melissa Davey Thursday 10 December 2015
The chair of the royal commission into institutional responses to child sex abuse has refused to allow Cardinal George Pell to appear by video link, instead deferring the hearing until February to ensure Pell can appear in person.
A lawyer representing Pell, Allan Myers, made an application for Pell to give evidence next week via video link from Rome rather than appear in person, citing health reasons….
Stephen Woods – who was abused by the notorious paedophile priest Gerald Francis Ridsdale and the convicted paedophile brother Robert Charles Best while a student at St Alipius primary school – told Guardian Australia that he was deeply angered that Pell would not be appearing next week….
Pell, Australia’s highest-ranking cleric, was due to give evidence about child sexual abuse that occurred in institutions run by Catholic church authorities in and around Ballarat, and evidence about measures taken by the archdiocese of Melbourne to investigate child sexual abuse, known within the church as “the Melbourne Response”, before Melbourne’s county court….
November 24, 2015 Comments Off on Up to 85% of child abuse in England undetected study says, Paedophile ring used boys home
“An ”organised ring” of paedophiles believed to include Anglican and Catholic clergy used a Sunday afternoon ”children’s Christian program” in the 1970s to sexually abuse boys at a church-run Wallsend boys home.”
Up to 85% of child abuse in England remains undetected, study says
Ben Quinn Monday 23 November 2015
Urgent action is needed to identify and prevent child abuse according to a major new study that suggests only one in eight victims in England comes to the attention of authorities.
About 50,000 cases of sexual abuse were recorded by police and local authorities in the two years to March 2014 but the findings indicate that official figures vastly underestimate the true scale of child sexual abuse. The actual number of children abused in that period is thought to be as many as 450,000.
The report, by the Office of the Children’s Commissioner (OCC), found that about 85% of sexually abused young people are not receiving help and treatment.
The majority of victims remain unidentified because the services that should protect them, including police and social services, rely on children to speak out, says the report. Two-thirds of cases, both known and unknown to the authorities, are believed to be victims of abuse in the family.
Paedophile ring used boys home
September 23, 2013 Joanne McCarthy
An ”organised ring” of paedophiles believed to include Anglican and Catholic clergy used a Sunday afternoon ”children’s Christian program” in the 1970s to sexually abuse boys at a church-run Wallsend boys home.
”These men just came, got the boys, used them, and put them back,” said a Hunter woman whose husband has told the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sex Abuse he was sexually assaulted by multiple offenders at Woodlands Boys Home.
The United Protestant Association has issued an unreserved apology for the ”tragedy” of what occurred to child sex victims at Woodlands, where some of the smallest and youngest boys were targeted by the Sunday group.
”From what the victims have told us, these men changed from week to week, suggesting a larger, organised ring,” UPA general manager Steve Walkerden and after-care support worker Graham Hercus said on Friday.
”We are aware of a group of men who did come to the home in the 1970s for a number of years on a Sunday afternoon, ostensibly to conduct a children’s Christian program, but who routinely took smaller boys into downstairs rooms in the building and abused them.”
Anglican priest Peter Rushton – acknowledged by the church in 2010 as a sexual abuser of children – and ”volunteer carer” and convicted child sex offender Robert Holland, are believed to have taken boys from the home, or to have had links with Woodlands.
A third ”volunteer carer” at Woodlands was quietly convicted of child sex offences more than a decade ago….
”If the boys reported what happened, they were flogged. My husband can still hear it today, the screaming of the boys when they were taken downstairs and flogged for saying what had been done to them.”….