Michele Knight’s first public appearance since Ariel Castro’s suicide, Savile researcher at abuse conference in Belfast

September 10, 2013 Comments Off on Michele Knight’s first public appearance since Ariel Castro’s suicide, Savile researcher at abuse conference in Belfast

Cleveland Browns game: Michele Knight’s first public appearance since Ariel Castro’s suicide

The Cleveland kidnapping victim beamed with her family at FirstEnergy Stadium nearly a week after Castro hanged himself with a bed sheet in his jail cell.

By Michael Walsh / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

In life, Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro robbed a decade of Michele Knight’s happiness. In death, he will not have that power — not if she has anything to do about it.

Knight, 32, was all smiles in her first public appearance since Castro….offed himself in a jail-cell last week after receiving life in prison without parole plus 1,000 years.

The brave woman smiled widely with her family at the Cleveland Browns football game against the Miami Dolphins Sunday afternoon….
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/michelle-knight-public-appearance-ariel-castro-suicide-article-1.1449489

Savile researcher at abuse conference in Belfast
The conference will allow experts to share understanding of child sex abuse 9 September 2013

The man who unmasked Jimmy Savile as one of the UK’s worst paedophiles will be among the speakers at a conference on child abuse being held in Belfast.

Former detective Mark Williams-Thomas is a child protection expert, criminologist, and TV presenter.

Mr Thomas researched and presented the ITV documentary that exposed Savile’s history of sexual abuse.

Also speaking will be Peter Spindler, the former lead officer on Operation Yewtree, the police investigation sparked by the Savile revelations.

Speakers will address issues such as the motivations, influences and deterrents to offending. Other talks will look at how paedophiles infiltrate schools, charities and sporting bodies to gain opportunity and access to children….
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24007180

Jimmy Savile’s 1,350 victims, Garda to examine sex abuse claims against ‘Irish Jimmy Savile’

April 19, 2013 Comments Off on Jimmy Savile’s 1,350 victims, Garda to examine sex abuse claims against ‘Irish Jimmy Savile’

Jimmy Savile’s 1,350 victims
By TOM MORGAN and MIRANDA PRYNNE  4/18/13

Operation Yewtree — the high-profile investigation into sex allegations against a host of celebrities — has found 450 victims of Savile. Peter Spindler is the cop who exposed Jimmy Savile. But former Met Police Commander Peter Spindler told NSPCC child safety campaigners: “There are probably treble that number who haven’t come forward.”
Sex beast Savile escaped justice by fooling the authorities into protecting him, according to the cop who finally exposed him. Mr Spindler admitted yesterday that the BBC paedophile deceived some of the most important figures in public life.

He told NSPCC child safety campaigners: “The reality is that we were all taken in, right to the top of the establishment.
“Retired police officers have come forward to tell us what they had seen.
“The health service gave him unfettered access to some of the most secure places in the UK. There were nursing staff who were telling children to pretend they were asleep….

The Sun can also reveal how the Savile scandal prompted dozens of other child sex abuse victims to come forward.
They are now set to claim hundreds of thousands of pounds in compensation from schools and care homes where they were abused. The allegations, including rape, date from the 1950s up to 2010. Three victims have already seen their abusers convicted.

Solicitor Liz Dux, representing the victims, said: “The one positive outcome of the Savile scandal is the rise in victims coming forward. “Victims have gained the confidence to report crimes through seeing others do the same.”  She called on prosecutors and courts to give victims more support. A report by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary last month slammed police forces for failing to investigate claims against Savile dating back almost 50 years. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4894186/Jimmy-Savile-victims-could-top-1350.html


Garda to examine sex abuse claims against ‘Irish Jimmy Savile’

Tom Brady, Security Editor – 17 April 2013

A garda unit has been ordered to take a fresh look at the allegations of sexual abuse against an Irish college founder stretching back over five decades. Domhnaill O Lubhlai died last month without facing any criminal prosecution into complaints that he had abused boys. Claims have now been made that the gardai were given two opportunities in 1991 and 1998 to inquire into the allegations, which date from 1955 to the present, but no investigation was held.

Garda Commissioner Martin Callinan said yesterday that having read reports in the media at the weekend he had decided to ask the force’s domestic violence and sexual assault unit to have another look at the case and determine if there were outstanding issues that needed to be addressed…. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/garda-to-examine-sex-abuse-claims-against-irish-jimmy-savile-29204067.html

Where Am I?

You are currently browsing entries tagged with Peter Spindler at Eassurvey's Weblog.