Edward Heath abuse claims: Police defend investigation, David Beckham tattoos come to life for child abuse campaign
December 6, 2016 Comments Off on Edward Heath abuse claims: Police defend investigation, David Beckham tattoos come to life for child abuse campaign
– Edward Heath abuse claims: Police defend investigation
– Edward Heath child abuse investigation ‘not a witch-hunt’
– David Beckham tattoos come to life for child abuse campaign
– Violence marks forever – Join David Beckham and end violence against children
Edward Heath abuse claims: Police defend investigation
2 December 2016 UK
An inquiry into child sex abuse claims involving ex-Prime Minister Sir Edward Heath is exploring a “significant number” of lines, police say.
Wiltshire Police Chief Constable Mike Veale has defended Operation Conifer, insisting it is not a “fishing trip or witch-hunt”.
He said officers had received “allegations spanning a significant number of individuals”.
It emerged last month that two people had been arrested and bailed.
Former Conservative prime minister Sir Edward died at his home in Salisbury in July 2005, aged 89.
In an open letter, Mr Veale said he would not be “buckling under pressure to not investigate or to conclude the investigation prematurely”.
He said he wanted to “set the record straight” amid press reports the inquiry was floundering.
The chief constable described Sir Edward as an “extremely prominent, influential and high profile person”.
“The decision to undertake this incredibly complex and challenging investigation was not taken lightly particularly knowing, or at least expecting, that we would be placed under intense scrutiny,” he said.
Mr Veale also confirmed reports that satanic ritual sex abuse was a feature of the investigation, although he said it was a small part and did not relate to Sir Edward.
Edward Heath child abuse investigation ‘not a witch-hunt’
Wiltshire chief constable says significant number of people have disclosed claims of historical abuse against ex-prime minister Vikram Dodd and Owen Bowcott Friday 2 December 2016
The chief constable of the force investigating claims that Sir Edward Heath sexually abused children has vowed not to buckle under “unacceptable” media pressure, insisting the investigation into the late prime minister is not a “fishing trip” or a “witch-hunt”.
A “significant number of individuals have disclosed allegations of abuse”, the Wiltshire police chief, Mike Veale, said on Friday in an extraordinary 1,600-word statement that sought to rebuff media criticism and keep the 15-month investigation on track.
The Guardian understands that at least 15 people have made allegations to the police around the country claiming Heath, who died in 2005, was involved in the sexual abuse of children.
Multiple sources say the Wiltshire-led Operation Conifer remains live and the claims are regarded by police as credible, with inquiries continuing into whether they can be shown to be true or disproved. Police are describing the complainants as “victims” in private….
Dr Rachel Hoskins, an expert on ritual sacrifice who has been asked by detectives to examine claims made against Heath and others as part of Operation Conifer, has been highly critical of the investigation….
Heath was prime minister from 1970-74. A world-class yachtsman in his spare time, he took Britain into what was then the European Economic Community. His time in power was beset by industrial strife, and confrontations with the then powerful trade unions plunged Britain into a three-day week.
He was elected leader of the the Conservative party in 1965 and won the 1970 election…..
David Beckham tattoos come to life for child abuse campaign
By Judith Burns Education reporter 5 December 2016
David Beckham’s tattoos have taken on a life of their own in a Unicef film highlighting physical and psychological abuse that can leave lasting marks.
In the one-minute film, scenes of violence against children appear as animated tattoos on the former footballer’s body.
David Beckham, now a Unicef goodwill ambassador, said he had been shocked by children’s accounts of violence.
He is urging people to share the film on social media.
Beckham, 41, said his real tattoos represented happy or important memories, but the film was highlighting the fact millions of children bore marks they had not chosen – the long-lasting scars of violence and abuse.
The animations in the film depict forms of violence that children endure in places where they should be safe, such as their homes, schools, online and in their communities.
The father of four, said he was committed to doing “everything I can to make the world a safer place for children and to speak out on issues that are having a devastating impact on children’s lives”.
“One of those issues is violence,” he said.
“Every five minutes, somewhere in the world, a child dies from violence.
“Millions more are in danger of physical, emotional and sexual abuse that could destroy their childhoods forever.”….
Two-thirds of 190,000 children and young people around the world who responded to a Unicef call for information via its online U-report tool, said they had personally experienced physical or verbal abuse or knew someone else who had.
The responses suggested the biggest perpetrators were:
police and other law enforcers (33%)
other children and young people (29%)
parents or care givers (28%)
Violence marks forever – Join David Beckham and end violence against children
David Beckham chose the marks on his skin, but millions of children bear marks that they haven’t chosen. Violence against children is wrong. It’s on all of us to end it.
S.M.A.R.T.’s Ritual Abuse Page
Child abuse wiki – ritual abuse
Former Subway spokesman Jared Fogle to plead guilty to child pornography charges, Catholic church in Scotland asks forgiveness from child abuse victims, Edward Heath child abuse claims
August 19, 2015 Comments Off on Former Subway spokesman Jared Fogle to plead guilty to child pornography charges, Catholic church in Scotland asks forgiveness from child abuse victims, Edward Heath child abuse claims
– Former Subway spokesman Jared Fogle to plead guilty to child pornography charges
– Catholic church in Scotland asks forgiveness from child abuse victims
– Executive director of Jared Foundation arrested on child pornography, exploitation charges
– Police records search finds no link to Edward Heath crime
– Edward Heath child abuse claims: Prison officer makes further allegation against former Prime Minister
Former Subway spokesman Jared Fogle to plead guilty to child pornography charges
August 18, 2015, by Amanda Rakes – Digital Manager and Shannon Houser
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Aug. 18, 2015)— FOX59 has confirmed Jared Fogle, the former Subway spokesman, is expected to plead guilty to possession of child pornography charges.
Sources say Fogle will accept a plea deal Wednesday. The U.S. Attorney’s Office will hold a press conference tomorrow afternoon to discuss the deal and charges against Fogle.
Fogle’s attorney, Ron Elberger, had no comment in regards to the plea deal. He said any information regarding the charges would come from the attorney’s office. Elberger did say Fogle’s suspension with Subway continues.
Subway issued the following statement to FOX59 Tuesday:
“We have already ended our relationship with Jared and have no further comment.”….
Earlier this year, Russell Taylor, the former director of the Jared Foundation started by Fogle, was arrested in a child pornography case. He was accused of possessing and producing child pornography. Investigators said a search of Taylor’s home turned up more than 500 videos with images of child pornography….
Executive director of Jared Foundation arrested on child pornography, exploitation charges
April 29, 2015, by Greg Margason – Digital Producer and Kendall Downing
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind (April 29, 2015)– There’s trouble at the top for a central Indiana-based foundation started by Subway spokesman and Indiana native Jared Fogle.
The executive director of the Jared Foundation, 43-year-old Russell Taylor, is behind bars, preliminarily charged with child exploitation, possession of child pornography, and voyeurism….
Catholic church in Scotland asks forgiveness from child abuse victims
Archbishop Philip Tartaglia pledges to make reparations and change practices after independent report accuses bishops of covering up crimes for decades
Severin Carrell Scotland editor Tuesday 18 August 2015
The Scottish Catholic church has offered a “profound apology” to victims of child abuse and the church’s failure to investigate and punish the culprits, after a damning independent report into its conduct.
Archbishop Philip Tartaglia, the official head of the Scottish church, told a congregation in Glasgow on Tuesday that their bishops were “shamed and pained” by the abuse suffered by children and adults over recent decades. “We say sorry. We ask forgiveness.”
After pledging to act on an independent inquiry commissioned by the church, which accused its bishops of covering up the crimes for decades, Tartaglia said: “Child abuse is a horrific crime. That this abuse should have been carried out within the church, and by priests and religious [orders], takes that abuse to another level….
The McLellan inquiry was set up by Scotland’s bishops in November 2013 after a string of highly damaging historical abuse scandals came to light, including repeated child abuse by paedophile priests, which was often covered up or ignored, systematic abuse by staff at Fort Augustus Catholic boarding school, and the admissions of sexual misconduct against adult priests by Cardinal Keith O’Brien, then the UK’s most senior Catholic.
The church’s own investigations in 2013 disclosed that there were also 46 live allegations of abuse against priests made between 2006 and 2012, leading to seven prosecutions.
In 2013, there were another 15 allegations made, six of which were historical. Three priests were removed from roles involving the public, and two cases are with Scottish prosecutors, with prosecutors also studying allegations of abuse by nine men at Fort Augustus between 1967 and 1992….
Police records search finds no link to Edward Heath crime
18 August 2015
A police force has said it has found no evidence to link Sir Edward Heath to a crime in its area.
However, North Yorkshire Police said it had passed a “piece of intelligence” to Wiltshire Police, the force leading inquiries into the former prime minister.
The force added the intelligence was “not connected to the North Yorkshire area”.
Wiltshire Police said it “wouldn’t discuss any intelligence passed to us”.
North Yorkshire Police launched the search of its records earlier this month following allegations of child sex abuse levelled against Sir Edward, who was Conservative prime minister between 1970 and 1974….
Edward Heath child abuse claims: Prison officer makes further allegation against former Prime Minister
18 August 2015 By Mikey Smith
Wiltshire Police has received a further allegation relating to Sir Edward, but he’s no longer under investigation in North Yorkshire
A prison officer has made a further allegation against Sir Edward Heath.
The alleged offence is reportedly being dealt with by Wiltshire Police, and is not thought to have taken place in North Yorkshire, according to Sky News.
The Wiltshire force is leading the investigation against the former Prime Minister, which now involves seven forces across the country….
Milwaukee archdiocese settles with clergy abuse survivors for $21 million, Edward Heath abuse claims: Five forces investigating ex-PM
August 5, 2015 Comments Off on Milwaukee archdiocese settles with clergy abuse survivors for $21 million, Edward Heath abuse claims: Five forces investigating ex-PM
Milwaukee archdiocese settles with clergy abuse survivors for $21 million
Aug. 4, 2015 By SCOTT BAUER, Associated Press
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Milwaukee said Tuesday that it will pay $21 million to more than 300 victims of clergy abuse in a settlement that would end a four-year bankruptcy proceeding.
The proposed deal, which will be part of a reorganization plan submitted to a bankruptcy court later this month, was to be reviewed by a judge overseeing the case at a Nov. 9 hearing. Archbishop Jerome Listecki called the settlement a “new Pentecost,” but an attorney for the victims, along with advocates for those abused by clergy, decried the settlement as a paltry amount.
Milwaukee is one of 12 Roman Catholic dioceses nationwide to file for bankruptcy in the past decade over a flood of abuse claims. The settlement announced Tuesday is among the smallest per-victim payments yet in these cases. The actual amount each victim receives will be determined by an appointee of the bankruptcy court….
Edward Heath abuse claims: Five forces investigating ex-PM
August 7, 2015
Edward Heath, who was prime minister from 1970 to 1974, died in 2005
Five police forces are investigating claims of historical child sexual abuse involving former PM Sir Edward Heath.
The Met, Wiltshire, Kent, Jersey and Hampshire forces are conducting separate inquiries into the late MP.
The BBC understands Wiltshire Police halted an inquiry into a brothel keeper in the 1990s after she said Sir Edward was involved in child sexual abuse.
The Sir Edward Heath Charitable Foundation said it was confident he would be cleared of any wrongdoing.
On Tuesday night, Hampshire became the fifth force to say it was investigating “allegations”, but gave no further details.
The BBC’s home affairs correspondent Dominic Casciani says claims made by the brothel keeper, that Sir Edward was a client, meant that she had left herself open to prosecution.
However, the case against her was allegedly discontinued between 1990 and 1995….
Operation Midland: The BBC understands Sir Edward is being looked at as part of the operation examining claims that boys were abused by a group of powerful men at locations across southern England and in London in the 1970s and 1980s. It has focused on the Dolphin Square estate in Pimlico, south-west London.
Operation Whistle: The States of Jersey Police has confirmed Sir Edward forms part of its investigation into historical allegations of abuse. It says some of the allegations relate to abuse “within institutions or by people of public prominence”.
Operation Hydrant: A nationally co-ordinated exercise to collate all allegations of historical abuse involving high profile-figures. The operation has been notified of Sir Edward being named in connection with an allegation of sexual assault in the 1960s….