Ariel Castro faces 329 charges for rape, kidnapping, Jimmy Savile: BBC warned 40 years ago of risk to teenage girls
June 10, 2013 Comments Off on Ariel Castro faces 329 charges for rape, kidnapping, Jimmy Savile: BBC warned 40 years ago of risk to teenage girls
– Ariel Castro faces 329 charges for rape, kidnapping
– Jimmy Savile photograph proves he took out Rampton patients
– Jimmy Savile: BBC warned 40 years ago of risk to teenage girls
Ariel Castro faces 329 charges for rape, kidnapping
Donna Leinwand Leger, USA TODAY June 8, 2013
The indictment charges Castro as a ‘sexually violent predator’ who committed the murder and rapes in the course of a kidnapping
Ariel Castro, 52, the former school bus driver accused of holding three women captive in his Cleveland home for a decade, was charged late Friday with murder and more than 300 counts of rape and kidnapping.
The Cuyahoga County grand jury’s 329-count indictment charges Castro with one count of aggravated murder for allegedly terminating one of his captives’ pregnancies, 139 counts of rape and 177 charges of kidnapping, seven counts of gross sexual imposition, three counts of felony assault and one count of possession of criminal tools dating from the time of the first woman’s disappearance until February 2007.
County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty said in a statement that the investigation is still underway. Additional charges could follow in a superseding indictment.
The indictment charges Castro as a “sexually violent predator” who committed the murder and rapes in the course of a kidnapping. Those charges are considered aggravating factors that call for stiffer penalties. The murder charge is tied to one victim’s fourth pregnancy, the indictment said….
Jimmy Savile photograph proves he took out Rampton patients
SERIAL sex abuser Jimmy Savile was photographed with potentially dangerous patients from high security Rampton mental hospital on a fun day trip to Scarborough, writes James Murray.
James Murray Sun, June 9, 2013
Health chiefs had doubted Sunday Express revelations in March that Savile took inmates from the “Broadmoor of the North” on two extraordinary day trips to the Yorkshire resort in the Seventies, saying Savile had visited just once.
However, an investigation by Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust found 10 patients and some staff took a coach trip with Savile on August 2, 1971….
Jimmy Savile: BBC warned 40 years ago of risk to teenage girls
The BBC was officially warned more than 40 years ago it was putting girls in the Top of the Pops audience at risk of sexual predators.
By Robert Mendick, and Edward Malnick 05 Jun 2013
A leading QC led an investigation into sexual misconduct at the corporation’s flagship music programme in 1972 following concerns at the time and uncovered what he described as “immorality”.
But the inquiry’s conclusions were kept secret for four decades and only unearthed after a Freedom of Information request by The Telegraph.
The emergence of the 64-page report – which was circulated to the then director general and chairman – will further fuel allegations that the BBC failed to protect teenage girls from Jimmy Savile, the corporation’s then most feted star who was unmasked last year as Britain’s most prolific sex offender. It will also bolster a series of legal claims being brought by Savile’s victims against the BBC….
A BBC spokeswoman said: “In 1971 allegations of corruption at Top of The Pops were made by a newspaper. The BBC took these allegations extremely seriously and commissioned Brian Neill QC to prepare an independent report to establish what had happened….
‘Irish Jimmy Savile’ shared bed with pupils – dead celebrity could have abused 100s of children, Domhnall O Lubhlai allegedly sexually abuse dozens of children over decades at Irish summer camps, Suspected pedophile Jimmy Savile boasted of IRA connections for protection, Accused BBC superstar used dark threats to keep his secrets safe while alive
April 17, 2013 Comments Off on ‘Irish Jimmy Savile’ shared bed with pupils – dead celebrity could have abused 100s of children, Domhnall O Lubhlai allegedly sexually abuse dozens of children over decades at Irish summer camps, Suspected pedophile Jimmy Savile boasted of IRA connections for protection, Accused BBC superstar used dark threats to keep his secrets safe while alive
‘Irish Jimmy Savile’ shared bed with pupils – dead celebrity could have abused 100s of children
Domhnall O Lubhlai allegedly sexually abuse dozens of children over decades at Irish summer camps By IrishCentral Staff Writers, Tuesday, April 16, 2013
A new documentary claims that Domhnall O Lubhlai, who has been branded the “Irish Jimmy Saville”, sexually abused dozens of boys over two decades.
The families of some of his alleged victims estimate that O Lubhlai could have abused up to 100 boys while he was teaching Irish and religion between 1971 and 1991.
O Lubhlai, an Irish language advocate and founder of one of Ireland’s largest Irish colleges Colaiste na bhFiann, allegedly attacked children, telling them there was only one bed available during trips to the Gaeltacht, forcing them to sleep with him….
‘Irish Jimmy Savile’ shared bed with pupils
Anne-Marie Walsh – 15 April 2013
A DECEASED RTE presenter – branded Ireland’s Jimmy Savile – allegedly attacked children after telling them there was only one bed available during trips to the Gaeltacht.
A shocking TG4 documentary on the late Domhnall O Lubhlai – known as ‘Donal Lovely’ – has led to claims that he may have abused dozens of boys over two decades.
TG4 investigators said Mr O Lubhlai, who died last month, admitted to gardai that he sexually abused boys but was never brought to trial.
They said alcohol was given to children and when they reached their destination they were told there was only one bed so they would have to share with him…. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-jimmy-savile-shared-bed-with-pupils-29195838.html
Suspected pedophile Jimmy Savile boasted of IRA connections for protection
Accused BBC superstar used dark threats to keep his secrets safe while alive
By KERRY O’SHEA, IrishCentral Staff Writer Monday, October 22, 2012,
Jimmy Savile, former BBC personality who died last year, and now an accused pedophile, reportedly boasted IRA connections as a form of protection for himself.
The Mirror reports on Savile’s IRA threats and the terrifying warnings he issued to anyone who crossed him.
Savile once told a Sunday Mirror journalist that, “All I have to do is call my friends in the IRA. They’ll have someone waking up in hospital the next morning eating their breakfast through a f***ing straw.
“I know the IRA, men from the IRA, and you don’t need to ask these guys twice. I’m serious. Don’t f***ing think I’m not serious. I can get them done – just with a phone call. That’s all it takes, young man.”….
Despite having died a year ago at the age of 84, authorities believe that some victims have yet or will not come forward out of fear of the threats that Savile had made.
A source told the Mirror that:“He [Savile] boasted of knowing gangsters and men who you wouldn’t want to double cross. It is likely that some had been threatened with the IRA.”
“They [the victims] are still worried about coming forward. From all of the evidence gathered there is a clear picture developing of someone who not only abused vulnerable children but intimidated them and left them fearing for their lives.”
Once a presenter for BBC’s popular music program ‘Top of the Pops,’ Savile was constantly in the public eye. He often visited Ireland under the guise of doing charity work. Having once even been blessed by the Pope, Savile was keen to keep up appearances in order to make his crimes even harder to prove….
Williams-Thomas was informed of Savile’s threats and said that, “The pattern of behaviour which has emerged is that Savile’s victims felt in great fear of him and this has prevented many from speaking out then or ever since. Having researched Savile and knowing what I know, their fears were and are very genuine. http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Suspected-pedophile-Jimmy-Savile-boasted-of-IRA-connections-for-protection-175218501.html
Jimmy Savile sex crime police ‘to arrest more celebrities’ in Operation Yewtree probe, Ex-Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis arrested over fresh sex abuse allegations, Church Sex-Abuse Victim ‘Surprised’ by Pope
March 15, 2013 Comments Off on Jimmy Savile sex crime police ‘to arrest more celebrities’ in Operation Yewtree probe, Ex-Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis arrested over fresh sex abuse allegations, Church Sex-Abuse Victim ‘Surprised’ by Pope
– Jimmy Savile sex crime police ‘to arrest more celebrities’ in Operation Yewtree probe
– Ex-Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis arrested over fresh sex abuse allegations
– Church Sex-Abuse Victim ‘Surprised’ by Pope
Jimmy Savile sex crime police ‘to arrest more celebrities’ in Operation Yewtree probe Thursday 14 Mar 2013
Police investigating the Jimmy Savile sex abuse scandal are preparing to arrest more celebrities within weeks, it has been revealed.
Some ‘very high-profile figures’ are said to be among the new names reported to Operation Yewtree detectives by alleged victims.
The police promise comes as former Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis was arrested for the second time over alleged sexual offences – though he again proclaimed his innocence.
Operation Yewtree was set up last year amid revelations of how the late TV presenter and DJ Savile had escaped prosecution despite decades of allegations against him.
Among those already arrested since the probe was launched are Travis, comedian Jim Davidson, PR consultant Max Clifford and disgraced pop star Gary Glitter.
All have declared their innocence.
Nazir Afzal, from the Crown Prosecution Service, has now told a child abuse seminar in London that more arrests are imminent….
Ex-Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis arrested over fresh sex abuse allegations
Wednesday 13 Mar 2013
Former Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis has been re-arrested on a string of new sex allegations, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
The 67-year-old was questioned when he answered bail on Monday about 11 new ‘incidents’ that have come to light.
According to sources, the claims date back to the 1970s and 1980s.
Mr Travis was originally arrested in November of last year. At the time, he strenuously denied any wrongdoing.
Speaking outside his home in Bedfordshire today, the former Top of the Pops host told reporters: ‘I have been into a police station and I have had a chat with them and that is it.
‘They have told me they will make a decision in April.
‘I have not been charged with anything and that is it at the moment. I have to wait until they make up their minds.’….
Church Sex-Abuse Victim ‘Surprised’ by Pope
Udo Strutynski says Pope Francis’ message to the church is “no more business as usual.” 03/14/2013