Lord Janner sex abuse case may still go on despite his death in ‘trial of facts’, radiographer jailed for possessing more than a million child abuse images and videos

December 23, 2015 Comments Off on Lord Janner sex abuse case may still go on despite his death in ‘trial of facts’, radiographer jailed for possessing more than a million child abuse images and videos

Lord Janner sex abuse case may still go on DESPITE his death in ‘trial of facts’
Labour peer denied accusations he abused boys between 1960s and 1980s
He was ruled unfit for trial then died before ‘trial of facts’ could be held
Former head of the CPS has said a trial without a defendant could go ahead
CPS will consider how to deal with the case at a hearing next year
By Richard Spillett for MailOnline 21 December 2015

A trial of the facts in the case against Lord Janner could still go ahead despite his death, a former Director of Public Prosecutions has said.

Janner, a one-time Labour MP for Leicester West, had been accused of 22 counts of historical sex offences against boys but died at the weekend.

His victims have complained they have been ‘robbed of justice’ by his passing, which is likely to prompt the scrapping of a ‘trial of facts’, which had been planned for April.

But Ken Macdonald, a former head of the CPS, the body which decides whether prosecutions a should go ahead, has said there is no reason the Old Bailey case could not still be heard despite Janner’s death.

He told Radio 4’s Today programme: ‘The whole point of a trial of the facts is that it does not exist to determine the guilt or innocence of anyone….
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3368918/Janner-trial-facts-ahead-says-ex-DPP.html

Warped radiographer jailed for possessing more than a MILLION child abuse images and videos
22 Dec 2015 By Mathew Di Salvo

Christopher Daldorph, 45, spent 14 years amassing the vile collection by trawling the ‘dark web’ – a hidden layer of the internet used by paedophiles and drug dealers

A hospital radiographer has been jailed for possessing more than a MILLION child abuse images and videos – the biggest haul ever seen by the National Crime Agency.

Sick Christopher Daldorph, 45, spent 14 years amassing the vile collection by trawling the ‘dark web’ – a hidden layer of the internet used by paedophiles and drug dealers.

The married pervert was arrested in April 2015 after officers searched his home and found a number of devices containing images – featuring children as young as two.

One of the hard drives which Daldorph had concealed was found to contain 1.8 terabytes of footage data – the equivalent of 3,000 full-length feature films.

He faced charges today relating to 141,539 pictures and videos, but officers are still trawling through his computers, and reckon he stored more than ONE MILLION….

The vile material included thousands of Category A abuse images and videos – the most extreme kind.

When officers searched his house he admitted his guilt, and gave them the passwords to access the numerous laptops, hard drives and USBs containing the images….

Christian Hall, who led the investigation for the NCA, said: “Daldorph was responsible for amassing hundreds of thousands of indecent images, some of them the most extreme possible involving very young children.

“Each of those involved a child being abused in some of the worst ways imaginable.

“While we have no evidence to show he committed any contact offences himself, what he has done has perpetuated demand for products that can only be produced through the abuse of children.”….
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/warped-radiographer-jailed-possessing-more-7058133

Advertisements

Chicago Evangelist Named in Sex Abuse Case

May 1, 2015 Comments Off on Chicago Evangelist Named in Sex Abuse Case

Chicago Evangelist Named in Sex Abuse Case                                         
Attorney says Gordon McLean took advantage of his connections to gain access to his alleged victims
By Tammy Leitner and Lisa Capitanini

A prominent evangelist who built a following ministering to gang members in Chicago and around the United States, who had unprecedented access to inmates, and who is credited with helping hundreds, if not thousands of youths change their lives, also allegedly had a secret life in which he preyed upon some of the same youths he vowed to help. Tammy Leitner reports. (Published Thursday, Apr 30, 2015)

Holman and five others are part of a civil lawsuit against McLean filed in 2013 alleging the author of 18 books sexually abused them in exchange for money….

But in 2008 McLean was arrested in west-suburban River Forest, accused of soliciting sex from someone he had previously counseled through the ministry. The arrest was eventually expunged, but soon after he left Metro Chicago Youth for Christ. The circumstances under which he left are unclear.

McLean continued to work with the Cook County Sheriff’s Office for three more years. A spokesman said the office knew nothing about McLean’s arrest for solicitation until 2011. That’s when they finally revoked his access to inmates.

But McLean continues to work with Chicago kids today as part of a new group he formed called Friends With Youth….
http://www.nbcchicago.com/investigations/gordon-mclean-301747331.html

Civil lawsuit against McLean filed in 2013 alleging the author of 18 books sexually abused them in exchange for money.
http://media.nbcchicago.com/documents/McLeanComplaint.pdf

Where Am I?

You are currently browsing the sex abuse case category at Eassurvey's Weblog.