Dundee charity reveals terrible toll of ritual sexual abuse, Notorious cult leader and sex attacker Little Pebble to be released on bail
November 16, 2014 Comments Off on Dundee charity reveals terrible toll of ritual sexual abuse, Notorious cult leader and sex attacker Little Pebble to be released on bail
Dundee charity reveals terrible toll of ritual sexual abuse
By Dave Lord, 16 November 2014
A Scottish charity has warned that local children as young as five are suffering systematic and brutal sexual abuse.
Izzy’s Promise fear that many cases, some of which are carried out as part of gruesome rituals, are going unreported due to a pervasive culture of fear.
The charity, which is based in Dundee, said it receives numerous calls relating to grotesque sexual crimes.
Project co-ordinator, Joseph Lumbasi, told The Courier many young victims are too terrified to speak out at the time of their horrific ordeals, instead reporting abuse only when they reach adulthood.
Mr Lumbasi also claimed that some of the calls received by the charity relate to violent ceremonies and ritual abuse.
He said that traditional religious festival periods, including Easter and Christmas, see the highest frequency of such cases….
Notorious cult leader and sex attacker Little Pebble to be released on bail November 12, 2014
NSW cult leader and convicted sex attacker William “Little Pebble” Kamm is set to walk free from Long Bay jail in Sydney’s south-east after being granted parole.
The German-born 64-year-old, who was convicted in 2005 of carrying out a number of assaults on two 15-year-old girls, was given early release with 11 months still to run on his maximum 10-year sentence….
The attacks were carried out while he ran a pseudo-Catholic cult known as the Order of St Charbel, based in a compound in Nowra, NSW.
Kamm claimed the Virgin Mary had appeared in a vision and told him one of the girls was meant to be one of his brides.
He claimed he had been divinely ordained as a “new Abraham” and would become the patriarch of a new blessed race….
The Order of St Charbel is not regarded by the Catholic Church as part of its hierarchy, and Kamm himself was excommunicated in 2003 after he was illicitly ordained a bishop.
December 17, 2012 Comments Off on Pair jailed over witches’ coven ‘ritualistic’ sex abuse, Abuse in ‘devil church’
Pair jailed over witches’ coven ‘ritualistic’ sex abuse
Ryan Hooper Friday 14 December 2012
Two men accused of being part of a paedophile ring involving murdered “witch” Peter Solheim have been given lengthy jail sentences for their part in “ritualistic, sickening” sex abuse of young girls.
Jack Kemp and Peter Petrauske spent years tormenting their female victims, one said to be as young as three. Both men had denied any involvement in the abuse, claiming they were victims of a witch hunt or conspiracy.
But a jury at Truro Crown Court dismissed their protestations, convicting the pair of a string of offences dating back to the 1970s, as well as finding Kemp guilty of several more recent sexual assaults unconnected to Petrauske.
Jailing Kemp for 14 years and Petrauske for 18, Judge Graham Cottle told them: “The offences range from the extremely serious to the truly horrifying.
“You are two of the surviving members of a paedophile ring, together with others whose names have repeated frequently in this trial who were members of a ring that operated in Falmouth (Cornwall) in the 1970s and 1980s….
“It (the trial) has featured ritualistic, sickening abuse of young, young children. The scars left on (two victims, who cannot be named for legal reasons) are so obvious that it would seem extremely unlikely that either of them have any real prospect of recovery….
Petrauske was convicted of rape, aiding and abetting an attempted rape, and indecent assault. Judge Cottle sentenced him to 18 years in prison.
Kemp was guilty of 10 sexual offences including indecent assault and indecency with a child, and was handed a 14-year term.
Both men were given a discount because of their age, the judge telling Petrauske he was likely to die in prison.
Petrauske was said to be the “high priest” of a witches’ coven in St Ives, Cornwall, and ordered the girls to carry out his sick fantasies. The court heard Kemp videoed the abuse, but also took part in the assaults, along with friends Solheim and Stan Pirie – a notorious paedophile who died in jail following his conviction for sex abuse in the mid-2000s.
The duo’s victims gave harrowing evidence from behind a screen during the three-week trial. They said they were then abused by their tormentors, before being given money and sweets to buy their silence.
The abuse was only investigated further by police last year when Kemp was arrested in connection with another incident, causing rumours to spread around his home town of Falmouth and prompting the alleged victims of the historic offences to contact detectives.
Speaking after the case, Detective Constable Rick Milburn praised the bravery of the pair’s victims, adding: “It was truly horrific abuse, the worst my officers and myself have ever seen. It was truly distressing for everyone involved….
“I have no doubt Kemp and Petrauske were key players (in child sex abuse in Cornwall).”
Prosecutor Jason Beal said some of the assaults took the form of rituals with the young girls’ wrists tied.
Mr Beal said: “(One victim) was taken to a house where pagans were present, Jack Kemp was present and ‘German Pete’ (Petrauske) was also there….
When Petrauske was arrested last year, detectives discovered daggers, sheets, candles and a mask, the court heard. He immediately mentioned the names Kemp and – in a dramatic twist in the case – Solheim.
The latter was a 56-year-old parish councillor whose body was found five miles off the Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall, by fishermen on June 18, 2004. He had been drugged and mutilated by a machete or an axe….
But counsel for the defendants told the jury that Petrauske and Kemp played no part in the abuse….
Girl ‘was abused in churchyard’ STEPHEN WARD
Tuesday 08 June 1993
A COURT at the Old Bailey was told yesterday that a young girl was taken to a churchyard each Hallowe’en by three men, then sexually abused in front of a group of adults who wore black cloaks and balaclavas, writes Stephen Ward.
The girl, now 11, is one of seven children who were allegedly victims of sexual and physical abuse by a man aged 67, his daughter, 29, and his two sons- in-law, aged 41 and 31. The offences span 1978 to 1989. The defendants deny 28 specimen charges.
The court was told that all the defendants and all the victims are related. None can be identified to protect the children.
The rector of St Mary’s church, Northolt, west London, is to testify that over 10 years witchcraft has taken place in the church at Hallowe’en.
Girl, 10, tells of sexual abuse in ‘devil church’: Child accuses relatives in video shown to jury
Wednesday 09 June 1993
A VIDEO in which a 10-year-old girl wept as she told of being sexually abused in a church by her father and grandfather was shown to a court at the Old Bailey yesterday.
The one-and-a-half hour interview was conducted by a policewoman in the presence of the girl’s foster mother and a social worker last autumn. The girl also described a catalogue of abuse at the hands of her uncle and other adults.
The father, 41, grandfather, 61, another uncle, 31, and an aunt, 29, variously deny 28 specimen charges against seven children, including rape, buggery, indecent assault and cruelty.
The girl, now 11, described her father as ‘horrible’ and said he frequently beat her. She said he started sexually abusing her when she was three and having full sex with her when she was five.
She described being taken late at night by her father and others to a ‘devil church’ where she was stripped, tied up, had knives held in front of her face and was abused by adults in black cloaks and balaclavas….
Linda Stern QC, for the prosecution, has told the jurors they will hear from the rector of St Mary’s Church, Northolt, west London, who had noticed ‘unpleasant practices connected with witchcraft’ had taken place at Hallowe’en ‘in various parts of the church’.
Once the taped interview was over, the girl was cross-examined through a live video link running between the court and a private room in the Old Bailey. She said other children were at the church – four or five, along with 20 adults. She denied that she had made up details of the church from watching horror videos.
Mrs Stern has alleged that the defendants made the children watch obscene tapes. Several of the children described seeing ‘rude’ videos.
She said that as well as being sexually abused, the children were physically neglected and were kept silent through fear and threats.
They were cowed into submission, and ‘sexual abuse and neglect of their other needs was the only way of life they knew’.
Four people in one family are jailed for child sex
DAVID TAYLOR Wednesday 30 June 1993
FOUR MEMBERS of the same family were jailed at the Old Bailey yesterday for sexually abusing seven children over an 11-year period, writes David Taylor.
A father, aged 41, who was found guilty of 16 charges of rape, indecent assault, buggery, cruelty and indecency, was jailed for life with an order that he serve a minimum of 12 years. He was said to have ‘behaved like a monster’.
Cornish ‘white witches’ guilty of ritual sex abuse on girls, Prosecutor: Man raped, abused 13 infants, children and videotaped attacks, Boy Scout Child Sex Abuse Files Must Be Surrendered, Court Says
December 15, 2012 Comments Off on Cornish ‘white witches’ guilty of ritual sex abuse on girls, Prosecutor: Man raped, abused 13 infants, children and videotaped attacks, Boy Scout Child Sex Abuse Files Must Be Surrendered, Court Says
Cornish ‘white witches’ guilty of ritual sex abuse on girls
Police say children as young as three may have been involved in coven’s ceremonies
guardian.co.uk, Friday 14 December 2012
Two members of a Cornish white witch coven have been convicted of carrying out ritualistic sex abuse on young girls.
Peter Petrauske, 72, who claimed to be a high priest, and Jack Kemp, 69, donned robes and carried pagan artefacts when they attended ceremonies during which children were forced to strip and then abused. Police believe children as young as three may have been involved.
The abuse only emerged after Kemp was arrested on an unrelated charge, prompting victims of past offences to come forward.
The pair showed little emotion as they were led from the dock at Truro crown court on Friday. Petrauske, who described himself as the high priest of a white witches’ coven in St Ives, was convicted of one count of rape, one count of aiding and abetting an attempt to rape and one count of indecent assault.
Kemp was found guilty of indecent assault and indecency with a child. He was cleared of four other sexual offences. The jury is still considering verdicts on several other sexual offences.
Police launched an investigation last year when Kemp’s arrest caused rumours to spread around their home town of Falmouth.
Alleged victims claimed that Kemp, an ex-soldier and tin miner, and Petrauske, a former member of the merchant navy, had taken part in rituals during which children as young as three were plied with alcohol, forced to strip in front of men wearing white robes and abused. They were given money and sweets to buy their silence and were too frightened to report what had happened, it was claimed.
Prosecutor Jason Beal said children’s wrists were tied and some reported having hot wax poured over their bodies; one said a dagger had been drawn over her body.
Beal said the duo “used the cloak of paganism” to commit the offences against children, arguing they were not pagans but child abusers.
One woman told how, at the age of five, she and other children attended a ritual at a stone circle with a fire in the centre. Petrauske and Kemp were among the men there, wearing “gown things” and necklaces, she said….
The woman, who cannot be named, also said she was raped by another man, a former parish councillor called Peter Solheim who was associated with witchcraft in Cornwall.
Solheim’s body was found by fishermen five miles off the Lizard Peninsula in 2004. He had been drugged and mutilated with a machete or an axe.
The woman told the Truro jury that she was bound and raped by Solheim when she was nine on a bed fitted with chains and a black whip with “star things on the ends”.
In the witness box Petrauske – also known as German Pete – said he had been a pagan for 55 years and had an altar in his bedroom. He accepted he had a dagger and whip but insisted they were all for ceremonial purposes only. He said he had no doubt the victims who gave evidence had been abused by men in robes but said he was not involved….
The pair had denied all the offences, which date back to the 1970s.
Prosecutor: Man raped, abused 13 infants, children and videotaped attacks
John Burbine, 49, of Wakefield, Mass., is accused of sexually abusing more than a dozen young children.
By NBC News staff 6 Dec 2012
A Massachusetts man raped and sexually abused more than a dozen young children in their homes and videotaped the assaults, a prosecutor said Thursday.
The purported victims were as young as 8 days old, Middlesex District Attorney Gerry Leone said….
John Burbine, 49, of Wakefield, was indicted Thursday by a Middlesex grand jury on more than 100 counts of child sex offenses. He gained access to many of the children through a child care service operated by his wife, Leone said at a news conference Thursday.
According to authorities, Burbine and his wife advertised child care and tutoring services on various websites including parenting websites and coupon service websites. They also transported children to another family’s home for day care and ran a summer activities program in which they took children to various places, prosecutors said.
Burbine raped and sexually assaulted at least 13 infants and young boys and girls who were in his care from August 2010 through August 2012, according to the indictment. Many of the children were abused multiple times over several months or years, the charges allege.
The victims ranged in age from 8 days to 3½ years old and are from Stoneham, Medford, Newton, Reading, Melrose, Woburn and Waltham, prosecutors said.
Investigators said they found images and videos on Burbine’s home computer of the victims “posed in various states of nudity and engaged in sexual acts” “It is alleged the defendant videotape recorded the assaults on the victims,” the prosecutor’s office said.
“He committed these unspeakable crimes in the victims’ homes and communities. Further, the defendant filmed the repeated, unthinkable abuse,” Leone said. “The defendant gained access and opportunity to abuse young children through advertising child care services with his wife, who operated a tutoring and child care business, which was not licensed. Children are our most vulnerable victims and we will continue to prosecute to the fullest extent those who harm or exploit them.”
Burbine’s wife, Marian Burbine, 46, of Wakefield, has been indicted on charges of reckless endangerment of a child and operating an unlicensed day care business. Prosecutors said she was not present during the alleged rapes and did not know about them….
Boy Scout Child Sex Abuse Files Must Be Surrendered, Court Says
LOS ANGELES — A California appellate court has upheld a Santa Barbara judge’s order saying the Boy Scouts of America must surrender decades of confidential files detailing alleged child sex abuse.
A lawsuit alleges that a local Scouts official tried to keep a boy’s mother from reporting his 2007 abuse by a volunteer leader to police.
The youth group denies the allegations.
“The BSA believes confidentiality of the files helps to encourage prompt reporting,” spokesman Deron Smith told the Times.
Lawyers for the former Scout who was sexually abused by a volunteer leader in 2007 say the files they seek will expose a culture of hidden sexual abuse….
In January, a Santa Barbara judge ordered all files since 1991 be turned over to the boy’s lawyers, but not the public. The Boy Scouts filed an appeal in April.
The order involves different files than the more than 1,200 made public in October by order of the Oregon Supreme Court. Those files ranged from 1965 to 1985.
December 8, 2012 Comments Off on ‘White witch coven’ took part ritualistic sex abuse of young girls, court told
‘White witch coven’ took part ritualistic sex abuse of young girls, court told
Two men deny string of attacks in Cornwall on children as young as three from late 1970s to 2009
Steven Morris and agency
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 28 November 2012
Members of a “white witch coven” in Cornwall donned ceremonial robes and used daggers in ritualistic sex abuse of young girls, a court has heard.
Peter Petrauske, 72, who allegedly told police he was high priest of the coven, and Jack Kemp, 69, were said to have been involved in criminal “pagan ceremonies” over a 30-year period.
Children were plied with alcohol before being made to undress in front of a crowd of men wearing robes, it was claimed.
The alleged victims, the youngest of whom aged three to five, were then abused by their tormentors before being given money and sweets to buy their silence, Truro crown court was told.
When Petrauske was arrested last year, detectives discovered daggers, candles, incense and lavender at his home, the court heard.
The men, both from Falmouth, deny a string of charges relating to the abuse of children from the late 1970s to 2009. Petrauske also denies one charge of rape….
Jason Beal, prosecuting, said some of the assaults took the form of rituals with the young girls’ wrists tied. He said a dagger had been involved and wax poured onto the bodies, according to testimony from some of the victims.
One witness had told police that Petrauske claimed to be involved in a coven of white witches. Beal said: “She was taken to a house where pagans were present. Jack Kemp was present and ‘German Pete’ [Petrauske] was also there. She was given alcohol, told to dance and take her clothes off.”….