Georgetown rabbi accused of voyeurism, Lost church rescued from Satanists, Gender Based Violence, Britian’s Child Sex Abuse

October 22, 2014 Comments Off on Georgetown rabbi accused of voyeurism, Lost church rescued from Satanists, Gender Based Violence, Britian’s Child Sex Abuse

– Georgetown rabbi accused of voyeurism is focus of other allegations
– Praise be! 85-year-old defies death threats from Satanists to spend 22 years returning 1,000-year-old derelict church to its former glory
– Lost church is rescued from the Satanists by saviour Bob Davey
– About Gender Based Violence, practice of muti-killing/ ritual murders
– In Britain, Child Sex Abuse Defies Easy Stereotypes

Georgetown rabbi accused of voyeurism is focus of other allegations
By Michelle Boorstein and Pamela Constable October 20

The case of a Georgetown rabbi accused of secretly videotaping women in the ritual bath expanded significantly Monday when a national rabbinical board said it had known since at least 2012 of complaints by women converts of inappropriate behavior.

The news triggered an outpouring by converts and advocates for women in Modern Orthodoxy who said the case reflected deeply embedded problems with sexism….

But on Monday, the Rabbinical Council of America — the country’s main group for Modern Orthodox rabbis — said it had received reports going back at least two years that women working with Freundel toward becoming Jewish felt coerced into performing clerical work for him and donating money to a tribunal he led. There was also an allegation that he inappropriately acted as a co-signer on a checking account with one woman….

More female converts began speaking out Monday, including those who converted with Freundel and said he abused the power he had over them as the sole arbiter of their conversions….

Sugarman said Freundel made “constant” comments praising her appearance, asked about her dating life and encouraged her “not to dress so modestly,” she said.

She said other younger female converts had the same complaints and that Kesher’s leadership was informed. “They spoke with him and he promised he’d stop, but it literally never stopped, not even for one day.”….
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/national-rabbi-board-knew-of-misconduct-allegations-against-georgetown-rabbi-for-at-least-two-years/2014/10/20/f3c924ca-5865-11e4-bd61-346aee66ba29_story.html

Praise be! 85-year-old defies death threats from Satanists to spend 22 years returning 1,000-year-old derelict church to its former glory

Bob Davey began work on the Norfolk tower when he retired 22 years ago
1000-year-old church last used in 1930s before it was hit by a German bomb
When he first entered he was horrified to find satanic      and pagan altar
The Christian guarded church from cult members who once drove car at him
During restoration he discovered dazzling religious murals hidden by plaster

By Mario Ledwith for Daily Mail  20 October 2014

It has been struck by a German bomb, torn apart by American GIs and left in squalor by a pagan cult.

So when the ruins of an ancient church were discovered in thick woodland by Bob Davey, he could have been forgiven for thinking its fate had already been sealed. Instead, the determined church warden used his retirement to embark on a 22-year crusade to return the dilapidated building to its former glory – despite receiving a death threat from the cult….

He initially had to guard the property at night to deter the cult members, who once drove a car at him and sent him a death threat. He even enlisted the Territorial Army to guard it for a time after the pagans smeared the walls with blood.  In spite of some local opposition, he built a road to the church under an old law stating that any consecrated site should have an access route…..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2799430/praise-bob-85-defies-deaththreats-satanists-returnderelict-church-former-glory.html


Lost church is rescued from the Satanists by saviour Bob Davey

TWO decades ago, this 1,000-year-old building was a roofless, overgrown ruin whose existence was almost forgotten.
By: John Geoghegan
Published: Mon, October 20, 2014

Now, it’s a flourishing church thanks to one remarkable man.  Bob Davey, 85, has forked out thousands of pounds of his own cash and even fought off Satanic worshippers in his bid to restore the ninth century Anglo-Saxon church in Swaffham, Norfolk.

In doing so, he uncovered rare and valuable historical wall paintings that he says have international status. Bob is now a warden at St Mary’s Church, which welcomes visitors from across the world and has even received Prince Charles and Princess Margaret.

The building was discovered by Bob’s late wife Gloria one morning in June 1992 while she was on a ramble with friends. Hidden in woodland at the top of a small hill, stood a tower shrouded in dark ivy.

Gloria managed to force her way in, through piles of rubbish, and found a disturbing scene. Soon realising it was an old church, Gloria found it laid out as a Satanic      with a pagan alter and anti-Christian symbols.

“This annoyed me intensely,” Bob recalled. “I’ve been a Christian all my life and wasn’t putting up with this on my patch. “That very afternoon, I cleared all their rubbish out and burnt what I could.”….

But he was forced to guard the building at night from black-clad Satan-worshippers who were still trying to use it. Bob claims the devil-worshippers tried to run him down with a car and on another occasion came to his house and threatened him with his life if he carried on his work.

Help came from the Territorial Army who sent soldiers to stand guard with Bob.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/524854/Lost-church-rescued-from-Satanists-saviour-Bob

Girls leading the way
21/10/2014 By Colani Hlatshwayo

….About Gender Based Violence
Gender based Violence remains one of the biggest barriers of gender equality in Swaziland ranking as the major human rights violation amongst women. There are escalating incidences of gender based violence in the country in general as per the Surveillance on Violence report of 2011 which revealed that 77% of females were victims of abuse and perpetrators were males, were known to the survivors (CSO, 2011). Serial rapists’ occurrences which abduct and later kill women and girls are also seen from time to time.

The practice of muti-killing/ ritual murders is also from time to time surfacing especially soon before the year of national elections. During this period, women and children disappear and are later own found dead or never recovered.

Testimonials of young women alleging that they were married under Swazi Customary Law without being told about the intended marriage and without their consent being elicited first are common. The marriageable age for girls under Swazi Law and Custom is not defined and it is believed that puberty is used to determine that a girl can be a wife.

The prevalence of this violation of rights is stemmed from a turbulent socio-economic status of women and girls in Swaziland. In the past decade of Swaziland’s political and socio-economic history a lot of disparities have made women and girls much more vulnerable to gender based violence resulting in its upsurge. Socio-economic indicators such as education (formal and informal), role or status in society and levels of income have been the key drivers of Gender Based Violence in the home space as such peace is not being ensured in the home never mind the public space…..
http://www.observer.org.sz/features/67018-girls-leading-the-way.html

In Britain, Child Sex Abuse Defies Easy Stereotypes
By KATRIN BENNHOLD OCT. 21, 2014

LONDON — First there was abuse at the hands of a popular BBC host. There were scandals at private schools and in the church and talk of a pedophile ring in Parliament. Then there was Rotherham: over a thousand teenagers sexually exploited as the authorities looked away.

Over the past two years, high-profile revelations of sexual abuse of children have painted a picture of Britain as a place where such abuse is not just endemic but systematically covered up — either because the perpetrators are of the very highest status or because the victims are of the very lowest.

There are two lessons here, scholars and officials say. The first is that sexual abuse is far more common than previously believed: Currently, 2,500 children in England have child protection plans because they are deemed to be at risk of sexual abuse. But the police now speak publicly of “tens of thousands” of victims a year.

The second lesson is that the main driver of abuse is impunity: “Abuse happens in a context of permissibility,” said Helen Beckett, an expert on the subject at the University of Bedfordshire.

Whether Britain’s lingering class system has made abuse more permissible is an open question, she said. But fixating on a particular stereotype — the white celebrity or the pedophile priest or the Pakistani taxi driver — may allow other perpetrators to go undetected.

In 2012, it emerged that Jimmy Savile, a former children’s television host and BBC staple who died in 2011, had raped scores of children as colleagues and the police turned a blind eye. Mr. Savile, who was a friend of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, used his charity work to gain access to his victims in schools and hospitals. Since then, Rolf Harris, 84, once a popular television entertainer; Max Clifford, 71, a well-known publicist; and Stuart Hall, 84, another former BBC broadcaster, have been among those convicted for offenses involving children.

Meanwhile, in July, Britons learned of allegations that Cyril Smith, a former member of Parliament who died in 2010, abused boys in a care home in his constituency. The allegations against him and others were detailed in a file prepared three decades ago by a crusading lawmaker who described a pedophile ring of “big, big names.” But the file mysteriously disappeared….
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/22/world/europe/in-britain-child-sex-abuse-defies-easy-stereotypes.html

Minister in Tony Blair’s government suspected of abusing children at home, Max Clifford Found Guilty Of Sex Charges The celebrity publicist

April 29, 2014 Comments Off on Minister in Tony Blair’s government suspected of abusing children at home, Max Clifford Found Guilty Of Sex Charges The celebrity publicist

Minister in Tony Blair’s government among group of men suspected of abusing children at home run by paedophile
Apr 27, 2014 By Tom Pettifor

A probe was halted soon after an ex-social services boss told police of his alleged evening visits in the early 1980s

One of Tony Blair’s ministers was among a group of men suspected of sexually abusing children at a home run by a convicted paedophile.

But the probe was halted soon after an ex-social services boss told police of his alleged evening visits in the early 1980s.

Official documents seen by the Daily Mirror during a 16-month investigation reveal former residents told detectives that a group of paedophiles attacked children in a private flat in the home.

But two former Lambeth social services employees involved in the case suspect a cover-up because experienced detective Clive Driscoll was removed from the investigation and given other duties.

One, a former manager who alerted police in 1998, said: “One wonders why Scotland Yard would be so desperate to stop it being investigated.

“I believe it was stopped because somebody in power was trying to prevent any further investigation into the politician.”

And Dr Nigel Goldie, a council boss in charge of child protection in 1998, said: “There were some allegations that ­children were being abused by one or two prominent persons.She said she told top Lambeth­ officials at the time she suspected Carroll was at the centre of a paedophile ring at the home.

Bosses learned in 1986 that he was convicted of sexually assaulting a boy of 12 in the Wirral in 1966.

But the pervert was allowed to continue running the home until 1991.

Carroll was finally arrested in the summer of 1998 and convicted of a string of child sex attacks dating back three decades including assaults on youngsters in Angell Road.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tony-blair-minister-former-pms-3468050

Max Clifford Found Guilty Of Sex Charges
The celebrity publicist walks in silence from court and refuses to comment as he is found guilty of eight indecent assaults.
Monday 28 April 2014

PR guru Max Clifford has been found guilty of a string of sex attacks on teenage girls.

The 71-year-old became the first person to be convicted under the high profile Operation Yewtree sex crime investigation at Southwark Crown Court.

He was found guilty of eight indecent assaults, cleared of two and the jury was unable to reach a verdict on one other.

The guilty verdicts relate to four women, aged between 15 and 19 at the time of the offences, between 1978 and 1984….

Clifford was released on bail until his sentencing on Friday, but Judge Anthony Leonard QC warned him this was no reflection on the sentence that will be passed.

He said: “You must realise that the fact I have given you bail is no indication of what the final sentence will be.”

Clifford repeatedly denied the claims, calling his arrest and prosecution “a nightmare” and protesting his innocence….
http://news.sky.com/story/1250859/max-clifford-found-guilty-of-sex-charges

Where Am I?

You are currently browsing the Max Clifford category at Eassurvey's Weblog.