Paedophile witch wants supervision conditions eased, Former Archbishop Dies Ahead of Vatican Child Abuse Trial, Inquiry into historic child abuse to focus on homes allegations

September 1, 2015 Comments Off on Paedophile witch wants supervision conditions eased, Former Archbishop Dies Ahead of Vatican Child Abuse Trial, Inquiry into historic child abuse to focus on homes allegations

– Paedophile witch Robin Fletcher wants supervision conditions eased
Convicted rapist has spent nearly more than nine years under strict order after serving jail sentence.
– Former Archbishop Dies Ahead of Vatican Child Abuse Trial

Jozef Wesolowski had been the most senior Vatican official arrested on allegations of child sex abuse
Inquiry into historic child abuse to focus on homes allegations
Cardinal Sean Brady leaves after giving evidence to the Historical Institutional Abuse inquiry at Banbridge Courthouse, County Down

Paedophile witch Robin Fletcher wants supervision conditions eased
September 1, 2015   Mark Russell

Convicted rapist has spent nearly more than nine years under strict order after serving jail sentence.

Robin Fletcher is living in a facility for offenders who have finished their sentences but are deemed an unacceptable risk of reoffending. Photo: Craig Abraham

Paedophile witch Robin Angas Fletcher wants authorities to relax the conditions of a strict supervision order he has been under since 2006.

Fletcher, 59, who is legally blind, has been living in the Corella Place sex offender facility in Ararat since his release after serving eight years’ jail for raping and prostituting two 15-year-old girls.

He had pleaded guilty to three counts of committing an indecent act with a child under the age of 16, one count of sexual penetration of a person between 10 and 16, one count of child prostitution and one count of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Under his current supervision order, Fletcher is not allowed to have access to whips or chains capable of providing sexual stimulus, his internet access to sites has to be approved by authorities and he has to comply with electronic monitoring…..

In an interview with Fairfax Media in July this year, Fletcher said he was not confident of being released in June 2016.

“They believe that because I’m a witch, I’m a Satanist,” he said. “They also believe all Satanists are liars. I can express remorse and they can say, ‘But you’re lying.’ I can say, ‘I don’t intend to reoffend’, and they simply say, ‘But you’re lying.'”

During a review of Fletcher’s extended supervision order in 2010, the Court of Appeal outlined how Fletcher had been working as a drug abuse and sexual guidance youth counsellor in South Caulfield in the 1990s when he subjected two vulnerable 15-year-old girls to violent sexual acts.

“These acts involved their being whipped and beaten on their naked backs and buttocks with objects including a riding crop, causing pain and physical injury,” the appeal judges said.

“He [Fletcher] explained his behaviour as being part of a pagan ritual, justified by his religious beliefs which he described as ‘Wiccan’.

“Subsequent to his arrest for these offences he sought the assistance of a fellow prisoner to have the two girls killed so that they could not give evidence against him.”….
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/paedophile-witch-robin-fletcher-wants-supervision-conditions-eased-20150901-gjcaba.html

Former Archbishop Dies Ahead of Vatican Child Abuse Trial
Jozef Wesolowski had been the most senior Vatican official arrested on allegations of child sex abuse
By Liam Moloney   Aug. 28, 2015

VATICAN CITY—The former papal nuncio to the Dominican Republic, who was under house arrest on charges of child abuse and possession of child pornography, died early Friday, according to the Vatican.

The Vatican said in a statement initial indications were that Jozef Wesolowski, the Polish born-priest who had been the most senior Vatican official arrested on allegations of child sex abuse so far, had died of natural causes….

Mr. Wesolowski, 67, was recalled as ambassador to the Caribbean country in 2013, after a five-year posting, in the wake of reports of sexual misconduct.

He was defrocked as archbishop by a Vatican tribunal last year for sexual abuse of minors in the Dominican Republic. In June, after the pope gave his permission, a Vatican criminal court indicted him on charges of sexually abusing boys in the Dominican Republic and of possessing child pornography. He had been under house arrest inside the Vatican awaiting the start of his trial….
http://www.wsj.com/articles/former-archbishop-dies-ahead-of-vatican-child-abuse-trial-1440759820

Inquiry into historic child abuse to focus on homes allegations

31/08/2015
Cardinal Sean Brady leaves after giving evidence to the Historical Institutional Abuse inquiry at Banbridge Courthouse, County Down

A long-running public inquiry will examine allegations of historic child abuse at juvenile justice institutions when it resumes this week….

In June, the HIA, spent a week examining the failings that allowed notorious paedophile priest Fr Brendan Smyth to continue abusing children over four decades.

Retired Catholic Primate Cardinal Sean Brady was among those who gave evidence and said he hoped light would be shed on a “dark chapter” in the church’s history.

The inquiry was set up in January 2013 by the Northern Ireland Executive to investigate child abuse which occurred in residential institutions over a 73-year period from 1922 to 1995.

A total of 16 child care facilities are under investigation and around 300 witnesses are expected to give evidence….
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/inquiry-into-historic-child-abuse-to-focus-on-homes-allegations-31490453.html

Advertisements

Tor’s most visited hidden sites host child abuse images, Police investigating 718 cases of child abuse in Northern Ireland

December 31, 2014 Comments Off on Tor’s most visited hidden sites host child abuse images, Police investigating 718 cases of child abuse in Northern Ireland

Tor’s most visited hidden sites host child abuse images
By Mark Ward Technology correspondent, BBC News 30 December 2014

Most traffic to sites hidden on the Tor network go to those dealing in images of child sexual abuse a study suggests. The six-month study sought to catalogue hidden services on the so-called “dark net” and work out which were the most popular.

It found lots of sites peddling illegal drugs but the most popular were those involved with abuse.
However, the researcher behind the study said it was hard to conclude that people were behind all the visits.

Tor, or The Onion Router, is an anonymising system that lets people use the web without revealing who they are or which country they are in. The anonymity offered by the network has encouraged many people to set up hidden .onion sites that offer content, services and goods that it is illegal to sell openly….

Although the number of sites dealing in images of abuse on Tor is small, traffic to them dwarfs that going to other sites, said Dr Owen. About 75% of the traffic observed in the study ended up at abuse sites, said Dr Owen….
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30637010

Police investigating 718 cases of child abuse in Northern Ireland
And calls to local NSPCC helpline show sharp rise

524 individuals have contacted the inquiry into historical abuse.
By Adrian Rutherford – 30 December 2014

Officers are probing 718 “live” cases where the victim was aged under 18.
The figure is thought to include a number of historic allegations relating to children’s care homes.

It comes as a leading charity revealed it has seen the number of calls to a specialist helpline jump by almost a quarter in the last year.

The issue of child abuse has been in the headlines throughout 2014. A State inquiry into historical abuse in Northern Ireland, chaired by retired judge Sir Anthony Hart, opened in January. The inquiry, which has so far been contacted by 524 individuals, has already heard harrowing testimonies from victims.

And in November a report estimated that up to 145 children were at significant risk of exploitation in Northern Ireland….

The paper by Professor Kathleen Marshall revealed paramilitaries were using fear and intimidation to sexually exploit children.  It also uncovered cases involving the military, revealing that soldiers had been disciplined for smuggling girls into two different barracks in the last three years….

The Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry (HIA) is examining allegations of child abuse in children’s homes and other residential institutions between 1922 and 1995. It is the biggest child abuse public inquiry ever held in the UK, having been contacted by 524 people who said they were abused in childhood. Most complainants are from the UK, 65 are from Australia and 26 from the Irish Republic.

The HIA inquiry was set up by the First and Deputy First Minister in May 2012. Its aim is to establish if there were “systemic failings by institutions or the state in their duties towards those children in their care”.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/child-abuse-media-coverage-of-highprofile-cases-has-given-more-children-courage-to-seek-help-30869078.html

West Yorkshire police The Cook Report and Savile’s ‘satanic rituals’, Cops probe claim that notorious sex abuse cases are linked

June 28, 2014 Comments Off on West Yorkshire police The Cook Report and Savile’s ‘satanic rituals’, Cops probe claim that notorious sex abuse cases are linked

Cops probe claim that notorious sex abuse cases are linked
Friday 27th June 2014 Crime Desk By Nicola Tallant
GARDAI have been asked to investigate links between two notorious child abuse cases amid claims that a network of paedophiles preyed on children in one of the country’s most affluent suburbs.

Rape victim Fiona Doyle has given a statement to cops investigating the Dalkey House of Horror file saying she believes there are sinister connections between the two cases.

And she has appealed to anyone who was abused in the area, or knew about abuse, to come forward.

The Sunday World understands that at least one other claim of historical sex abuse in the Killiney area has also been made.

Fiona, who won a People of the Year award for her bravery, says she believes that child abuse was rife in South County Dublin.

After a lengthy campaign for justice backed by the Sunday World, Gardai in Dun Laoghaire are currently reviewing allegations made by Cynthia Owen that she was raped by a group of men in Dalkey, and by members of her own family, and that she bore two children out of incest and rape when she was aged 11 and 14.

Among those who have given statements to the investigation is Fiona, whose father Patrick O’Brien was jailed for 12 years after an outcry when he was initially freed on bail pending sentence.

Fiona has told Gardai how her uncle Michael Cowap, recently deceased, and a friend of her father’s also raped her as a young child. But the 47-year-old mum says that she has now become aware of a number of different paedophile rings operating in the Dun Laoghaire area….

Three of my father’s friends that I know of were paedophiles. They were from the same area. There was an underlying acceptance of sexual abuse of children in the greater Dun Laoghaire area. A lot of people knew of my abuse and did nothing….

The Sunday World understands that a number of people have now come forward to Gardai in Dun Laoghaire. One has alleged she was sexually abused on Killiney Hill and another has told this newspaper she recalls being told ritual abuse took place on Dalkey Island.
http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/ring-of-evil

Jimmy Savile: ‘It couldn’t happen again.’ Yes it could and it’s probably happening right now

Beginning his working life in the aviation industry and trained by the BBC, Tony Gosling is a British land rights activist, historian & investigative radio journalist. June 27, 2014

We heard this week yet more horrors about the BBC presenter, ‘volunteer hospital porter’ and prolific child abuser Jimmy Savile having molested living patients at 28 separate hospitals, as well as testimony that he gained access to at least one mortuary to sexually abuse corpses. But despite Savile having up to a thousand victims, it was only due to the immense courage and persistence of a handful of selfless journalists that the devastating story of Britain’s most prolific ever pedophile and child abuser saw the light of day.

Since the scandal broke in October 2012, the London media have criticized police, royalty, government officials, health service managers and BBC staff for covering up Savile’s crimes, but few if any of these media commentators has admitted to their own vital role in hushing up Britain’s ‘worst kept secret’ for decades….

Many have been shocked at Savile’s ability to keep his child sexual abuse secret for nearly fifty years, while mingling with royalty and others at the top of British society. Those he abused were told they better never breathe a word about it because he had ‘friends in high places,’ which he did.

Those who endorsed Britain’s most prolific ever child sex abuser were not just the obvious and unpunished BBC bosses, but included Prince Charles and Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher….

Social Affairs Correspondent Liz Mackean, from the BBC’s nightly flagship Newsnight, was the only senior journalist in the country with the courage to bite the bullet on the ‘worst kept secret in journalism.’ She put her career on the line and pushed her editor to broadcast the Savile accusations. Despite Liz, a former BBC Radio colleague of mine, having obtained heart-wrenching interviews with Savile’s victims in December 2011, Newsnight editor Peter Rippon refused to even watch, let alone transmit them….

West Yorkshire police The Cook Report and Savile’s ‘satanic rituals’

Psychotherapist Valerie Sinason had been talking for years, to anyone who would listen, about Savile. She personally interviewed two of his victims in her London based ‘Clinic for Dissociative Studies’ who told her at Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Buckinghamshire that they had been repeatedly sexually abused in horrific rituals they described as ‘satanic.’

Wearing robes and masks in the hospital basement and to Latin chants of ‘Hail Satanus’, the idea, it seems, was two-fold: for Savile to ‘share’ his victims with other abusers and also to so deeply traumatize the children with supernatural threats of demons and devil masks that, through fear, they would never dare breathe a word to anyone. They were being groomed, as so many children are in government ‘care homes’ for serial abusers, and for pimps, heading down the lonely road to a life of abuse or prostitution.

Sinason has not been the only one to talk of satanic ritual abuse in connection with Savile. Britain’s most popular TV journalist ever, Roger Cook, also exposed what he believed was a satanic ritual abuse ring in Savile’s home town of Leeds, Yorkshire. During the airing of an edition called the ‘The Devil’s Work’ on 17 July, 1989 (under the umbrella of the ten-million-viewers-a-night ‘Cook Report’ series), witnesses told Cook that a certain ‘Sorcerer’s Apprentice shop’, run by one Chris Bray, was connected to a ritual abuse ring in the city. Post-transmission threats by Bray to prosecute Central TV proved empty….
http://rt.com/op-edge/168876-savile-scandal-bbc-presenter/

Where Am I?

You are currently browsing the historical sex abuse category at Eassurvey's Weblog.