238 arrested in “Operation Heartbreak” sting on child predators in California, 1,400 accused busted nationwide
June 24, 2016 Comments Off on 238 arrested in “Operation Heartbreak” sting on child predators in California, 1,400 accused busted nationwide
238 arrested in “Operation Heartbreak” sting on child predators in California, 1,400 accused perverts busted nationwide
BY Alfred Ng NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Hundreds of suspected child predators were busted in a two-month sting across Southern California, police announced Monday.
Among the 238 people arrested in the “Operation Broken Heart III” sweep by the Los Angeles Regional Internet Crimes against Children task force were clergy members, community leaders, entertainers and white-collar professionals, John Reynolds, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Investigations special agent said at a press conference.
There had been nearly 900 investigations with 250 search warrants out for possible predators during the sweep in April and May. “The incidents of child sexual exploitation has reached staggering proportions,” Reynolds told reporters….
On June 1, Kounzong Saebphang, a Buddhist monk from Laos, was arrested at his monastery in Riverside after investigators received a tip he was sharing child pornography. Police found child porn on the monk’s computer, and believe he also shared it through social media, Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials said. Saebphang had been staying in California on a religious worker visa.
Former “Glee” star Mark Salling was charged with child pornography charges in Los Angeles on May 27. The region’s most high-profile arrest was Mark Salling, the former “Glee” star who was charged with receiving and possessing child pornography on May 27….
Nationwide, Operation Broken Heart III has busted up to 1,400 perverts. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/238-arrested-california-sting-child-predators-article-1.2682918
Rotherham victim’s sex abuse claims ‘dismissed by police officer’, Rotherham sex abuse trial: Arshid Hussain ‘had sex with child 100 times’
December 17, 2015 Comments Off on Rotherham victim’s sex abuse claims ‘dismissed by police officer’, Rotherham sex abuse trial: Arshid Hussain ‘had sex with child 100 times’
Rotherham victim’s sex abuse claims ‘dismissed by police officer’
Court hears that complainant, then aged 12, was accused of lying after telling officer about the abuse
Lisa O’Carroll Tuesday 15 December 2015
A police officer in Rotherham dismissed claims of child sexual abuse by a 12-year-old girl and told her she was lying, Sheffield crown court heard.
The complainant, who is now 31, reported the abuse she suffered to an officer after telling a staff member at the care home where she lived about being assaulted.
In an interview taped by police ahead of the trial and shown to the jury, she said the officer took her out of the home in a car to discuss the matter. He drove her down a country lane and told her she was making up the stories. The complainant said: “He ripped loads of paperwork up and said I was lying.”
He did not take a statement from her and she did not hear from any other police officers afterwards, the court heard. She said she did not know the officer’s name, but he was known by girls at the home as “Kimble the thimble”.
A second complainant in the trial said she had a baby after being raped by two of the defendants at a pub. The woman, now 36, claimed she started being abused, aged 11, at the hands of “Mad Ash”, a man the prosecution say is defendant Arshid Hussain….
Hussain denies having met the woman in person. The 39-year-old, of no fixed abode, denies one rape, five indecent assaults, one count of procuring a girl under 21 to have unlawful sexual intercourse with another, false imprisonment, three counts of indecency with a child, one count of procuring a woman under 21 to become a common prostitute, two assaults occasioning actual bodily harm, and one count of making threats to kill.
All seven defendants in the case deny all 52 counts including rape, indecent assault, conspiracy to rape, false imprisonment and procuring a woman for prostitution or sex with another….
Rotherham sex abuse trial: Arshid Hussain ‘had sex with child 100 times’
From the section Sheffield & South Yorkshire Wednesday 16 December 2015
An alleged victim of child sexual exploitation has said she was forced to have sex with Asian men against her will in houses, a park and churchyard.
The woman, who cannot be named, told Sheffield Crown Court she was given heroin in exchange for sex and beaten up when she tried to leave a house.
The woman said Arshid Hussain, one of seven defendants, had sex with her about 100 times from the age of 11.
All seven defendants deny the range of charges they face in court.
The woman said she was introduced by Mr Hussain to 10 or 11 other men for her to have sex with.
300 victims groomed and assaulted by Oxfordshire gangs, Ten men charged over Rochdale child abuse claim
March 3, 2015 Comments Off on 300 victims groomed and assaulted by Oxfordshire gangs, Ten men charged over Rochdale child abuse claim
300 victims groomed and assaulted by Oxfordshire gangs, report finds
Serious case review finds failings by police and social services as it identifies hundreds of victims
By Telegraph reporter
A damning report is expected to disclose that more than 300 young people have been groomed and sexually exploited by gangs in Oxfordshire over the past 15 years.
Systemic failures by police and social services meant victims were subjected to years of sexual torture, rape and trafficking, it is understood….
The report comes after seven men were jailed for a string of horrendous child sex crimes against six victims, aged between 11 and 15, over a seven-year period….
It is expected to condemn Thames Valley Police and Oxfordshire social services for failing to act.
Key findings are will expose how police officers and social workers failed to believe the girls when they detailed the abuse they were suffering, and dismissed their complaints.. .. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11443868/300-victims-groomed-and-assaulted-by-Oxfordshire-gangs-report-finds.html
Ten men charged over Rochdale child abuse claim 2 March 2015
Ten men have been charged by police investigating child sexual exploitation in Rochdale, Greater Manchester.
The men are accused of a catalogue of serious sex offences against seven females aged between 13 and 23 at the time of the alleged abuse, police said.
They were held under Operation Doublet, investigating child sexual exploitation of teen girls by older men in Rochdale.
The offences are alleged to have happened between 2005 and 2013.
They include rape, conspiracy to rape, inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, sexual activity with a child and sexual assault….
“So far, 65 people have been arrested as part of Operation Doublet and the investigation continues…. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-31695832
Rotherham abuse lawyer: More evidence will link perpetrators to police, Essex Police under investigation over ‘failings’ by child abuse unit
February 12, 2015 Comments Off on Rotherham abuse lawyer: More evidence will link perpetrators to police, Essex Police under investigation over ‘failings’ by child abuse unit
Rotherham abuse lawyer: More evidence will link perpetrators to police
Complaints have been made about the late Pc Hassan Ali alleging he was unwilling to pursue claims of exploitation
By Telegraph reporter 09 Feb 2015
A child abuse lawyer has revealed more damning evidence could emerge in the Rotherham scandal that shows a link between police and perpetrators.
David Greenwood, of Switalskis Solicitors, represents 38 of the 1,400 children found to have been sexually exploited in the South Yorkshire town.
He revealed that two of them asked him to make official complaints about Pc Hassan Ali – who died in hospital this week following a collision with a car – alleging he was unwilling to pursue their claims of exploitation.
Mr Greenwood said the officer’s death would not be the end of the matter, and the wider scandal “is not going away”.
He said: “I’m pretty certain it will be bigger than it is even now.
“I think that evidence will emerge of links between perpetrators and police. It may be there was, as I have said, an unofficial policy of not pursuing these complaints….
The National Crime Agency is leading the investigation into child sexual exploitation in Rotherham.
Earlier this month, a police officer and two councillors in the town were accused of having sex with underage girls.
Essex Police under investigation over ‘failings’ by child abuse unit
Essex Police apologise to alleged victims of child abuse after ‘uncovering problems’ with 30 investigations over a three year period
By Martin Evans, Crime Correspondent 11 Feb 2015
A police force has apologised to alleged child abuse victims after uncovering “concerns” with 30 investigations dating back to the 1960s.
Cases involving 59 victims that were investigated by Essex Police are now being re-examined after various allegations were made against detectives working in one of the force’s child abuse units.
Some detectives have been accused of failing to arrest suspects or carry out thorough investigations, while others have allegedly been dishonest or have lacked integrity while carrying out their duties.
One officer has been suspended and 11 others placed on restricted duties after a decision was made to refer 30 investigations to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC)….
February 5, 2015 Comments Off on Britain Condemns Leaders in Town of Rotherham for Ignoring Reports of Child Abuse
Britain Condemns Leaders in Town of Rotherham for Ignoring Reports of Child Abuse
By STEVEN ERLANGER FEB. 4, 2015
LONDON — The British government on Wednesday severely criticized legislators in the northern English town of Rotherham for a culture of “complete denial” that led to a long-running ring involving the sexual abuse of up to 1,400 children from 1997 to 2013.
A report into the scandal by a senior official at Britain’s Department for Communities and Local Government found a deep-rooted culture of cover-ups and bullying, and grounds for possible criminal indictments.
The Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council leader, Paul Lakin, has resigned, and the council’s cabinet is also set to resign. Earlier, Shaun Wright, the police and crime commissioner of South Yorkshire, stepped down over the scandal.
The work of the council will be given to five commissioners appointed by the British government, which will call early elections in Rotherham next year to choose a new council.
“This inspection revealed past and present failures to accept, understand and combat the issue of child sexual exploitation, resulting in a lack of support for victims and insufficient action against known perpetrators,” the report said…..
To address another child abuse scandal, Home Secretary Theresa May appointed a New Zealand High Court judge on Wednesday to lead an inquiry into allegations of sexual abuse of children by powerful figures in British society that date from the 1970s….
Spoken-Word Artist Captures Pain and Fear of Child Abuse Kelsey Timmerman Co-authored by J.R. Jamison
Taking a story someone has lived and translating it into a story you write — as if you were them — is not for the faint of heart, especially when that story is about child abuse, prostitution, and sex trafficking….
Yewande was the artistic director for Facing Sex Trafficking: Atlanta’s Dirty Little Secret. She wrote and performed this first-person story of Kasey McClure who suffered years of sexual abuse from her father before she left home and fell into the trap of the sex industry….