Lord Janner: Three chances missed to put MP on trial for child abuse, ‘abused 12 at children’s home’ as child sex case is dropped, Leaked email may derail criminal case against Bill Cosby, Woman tells how she was sold into sex slavery aged 14 and raped 110 times in a day

January 20, 2016 Comments Off on Lord Janner: Three chances missed to put MP on trial for child abuse, ‘abused 12 at children’s home’ as child sex case is dropped, Leaked email may derail criminal case against Bill Cosby, Woman tells how she was sold into sex slavery aged 14 and raped 110 times in a day

– Janner: Three chances missed to put MP on trial for child abuse
– Lord Janner ‘abused 12 at children’s home’ as child sex case is DROPPED
– Leaked email may derail criminal case against Bill Cosby
– Woman tells how she was sold into sex slavery aged 14 and raped 110 times in a DAY

Lord Janner ‘abused 12 at children’s home’ as child sex case is DROPPED

LORD JANNER allegedly abused 12 former residents of a children’s home, as the former Labour MP’s historic child sex abuse case was DROPPED in light of his death.
By Rebecca Perring  Fri, Jan 15, 2016

Legal proceedings were left in limbo last month following the announcement that the elderly peer had died.

But it has since emerged that the peer regualrly visited Leicestershire children’s homes between 1970 and the mid to late 1980s.

An ex-police officer claims he reported suspicions about Lord Janner, a decade before police began a full inquiry….

The former Labour peer had been accused of 22 counts of sex offences against boys dating back to the 1960s – allegations his family vigorously denied, insisting he was “entirely innocent”.
A jury was to decide – without resolving whether he was guilty or sentencing – if the incidents involving nine alleged victims had taken place. But Greville Janner died in December following a long illness, aged 87.

He had already been declared unfit to stand trial due to his “deteriorating and irreversible” dementia.

In a statement by the Crown Prosecution Service, seen by Express.co.uk, the investigation into the trial of Frank Beck, a care home manager who was eventually convicted of child abuse, is also explored….

The CPS say they have information about 22 alleged victims.

These include four indecent assaults on a male under 16 between 1969 and 1988, two indecent assaults between 1984 and 1988, four counts of buggery of a male under 16 between 1972 and 1987 and two counts of buggery between 1977 and 1988.

Earlier this year, there was outrage when Director of Public Prosecutions Alison Saunders decided it was not in the public interest to put Janner on trial because he was so ill.

She later reversed her decision following a review of the case by David Perry, QC, who said there should be a trial of facts….

Cambridge-educated Greville Janner was MP for Leicester North West from 1970 to 1974 and for Leicester West until 1997.

The father-of-three then left the Commons to take a seat in the House of Lords as Baron Janner of Braunstone….
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/634939/Lord-Janner-child-sex-abuse-case-dropped-death

Janner: Three chances missed to put MP on trial for child abuse
By Ciaranfagan    January 19, 2016
Three chances to put Greville Janner on trial for child abuse were blown because of mistakes by the police or prosecutors, according to a senior legal figure today.

Retired High Court judge Sir Richard Henriques said the former Leicester MP, who died aged 86 last month, should have been charged with offences against boys in 1991, 2002 and 2007.

The cases did not proceed because of the “inadequacy” of police investigations or decisions by senior prosecutors.

The peer’s family has always insisted he was innocent of any crime….

Sir Richard’s review of the authorities’ handling of the Janner case was commissioned by the Crown Prosecution Service last year.

He found the decision not to charge Lord Janner in 1991 with a series of offences against a 14-year-old boy was wrong. Sir Richard said police investigation was “inadequate” and the CPS should have pressed for further inquiries instead of closing the case.

In 2002, Leicestershire Police did not tell the CPS about a second alleged victim’s claims, he revealed….

The death of the veteran Labour politician – who was accused of 22 sexual offences against boys between 1963 and 1988 – ended the prospect of his alleged victims’ evidence ever being tested in a criminal court.

All case files have been handed to the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse, (IICSA),

It will sit for the first time in March to begin its investigation into the late peer….
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Janner-chances-missed-MP-trial-child-abuse/story-28563333-detail/story.html

Leaked email may derail criminal case against Bill Cosby
By Ray Kelly January 18, 2016

A former district attorney says he agreed more than a decade ago that his office would not use a civil deposition given by Bill Cosby in any criminal matters, according to an email obtained by CNN.

The email written by former Montgomery County, Pennsylvania Bruce Castor  details a verbal agreement Castor had with Cosby’s attorneys about his 2005 sexual assault case.

“I can see no possibility that Cosby’s deposition could be used in a state criminal case, because I would have to testify as to what happened, and the deposition would be subject to suppression,” Castor said in the email written three months before criminal charges were brought against Cosby.

In Cosby’s deposition, Cosby detailed his romantic interest in the alleged victim; his pursuit of other young women during his long marriage; and his use of quaaludes in the 1970s as a seduction tool.

His lawyers have asked for the aggravated sexual assault charges to be dismissed, contending that they “violate an express agreement” with the district attorney at the time which they say constitutes an immunity deal….
http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/01/bill_cosby_email.html

Woman tells how she was sold into sex slavery aged 14 and raped 110 times in a DAY
A BRITISH woman has told how she was sold as a teen sex slave by her evil Albanian boyfriend and raped hundreds of times for cash.  By Kieran Corcoran  Tue, Jan 19, 2016

The woman was just 14 when her holiday flame turned vicious, beat her and sold her on to be pimped out.

She told how at her lowest ebb she was raped by 110 men in a single day, who paid €20 to spend five minutes with her.

The woman, who used the false name Megan to speak about her experiences, spent six years captive in Greece before making her escape.

Speaking to MailOnline, Megan told how she fell for Jak, a charming Albanian whom she fell for on a dream holiday to Greece.

Incredibly, after the break was over she was allowed to stay in the country with him by her permissive mother.

But after her parent, whom she said struggled with alcoholism, was off the scene, her new love turned.

The man, whom she called Jak, sold her to a Greek pimp, who took her far away and made her have sex for as many as 22 hours per day.

She was forced to hand half the money she made over to the pimp and wire the rest back to Jak every week….
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/636269/Woman-tells-how-she-was-sold-into-sex-slavery-aged-14-and-raped-110-times-in-a-DAY

Advertisements

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.

What’s this?

You are currently reading Lord Janner: Three chances missed to put MP on trial for child abuse, ‘abused 12 at children’s home’ as child sex case is dropped, Leaked email may derail criminal case against Bill Cosby, Woman tells how she was sold into sex slavery aged 14 and raped 110 times in a day at Eassurvey's Weblog.

meta