Dylan Farrow Responds to Woody Allen: ‘Distortions and Outright Lies’
February 10, 2014 Comments Off on Dylan Farrow Responds to Woody Allen: ‘Distortions and Outright Lies’
– Dylan Farrow Responds to Woody Allen: ‘Distortions and Outright Lies’
– 10 Undeniable Facts About the Woody Allen Sexual-Abuse Allegation
– Woody Allen’s 1992 custody suit against Mia Farrow
Dylan Farrow Responds to Woody Allen: ‘Distortions and Outright Lies’ 2/7/2014 by THR Staff
The director’s adopted daughter denies Allen’s suggestion that Mia Farrow coached her to say he sexually assaulted her.
Dylan Farrow has responded to an op-ed Woody Allen published in The New York Times Friday.
In the response, provided to The Hollywood Reporter, Farrow denounced Allen’s op-ed — in which he suggested Farrow’s mother, Mia Farrow, had coached her to accuse Allen of sexually assaulting her as a child.
“I have never wavered in describing what he did to me. I will carry the memories of surviving these experiences for the rest of my life,” Dylan said.
She went on to challenge other points in Allen’s op-ed, calling it ‘the latest rehash of the same legalese, distortions, and outright lies he has leveled at me for the past 20 years.”….
Read Dylan’s full response below.
Once again, Woody Allen is attacking me and my family in an effort to discredit and silence me — but nothing he says or writes can change the truth. For 20 years, I have never wavered in describing what he did to me. I will carry the memories of surviving these experiences for the rest of my life….
His op-ed is the latest rehash of the same legalese, distortions, and outright lies he has leveled at me for the past 20 years. He insists my mother brought criminal charges — in fact, it was a pediatrician who reported the incident to the police based on my firsthand account. He suggests that no one complained of his misconduct prior to his assault on me — court documents show that he was in treatment for what his own therapist described as “inappropriate” behavior with me from as early as 1991. He offers a carefully worded claim that he passed a lie detector test — in fact, he refused to take the test administered by the state police (he hired someone to administer his own test, which authorities refused to accept as evidence). These and other misrepresentations have been rebutted in more detail by independent, highly respected journalists….
10 Undeniable Facts About the Woody Allen Sexual-Abuse Allegation By Maureen Orth February 7 2014
This week, a number of commentators have published articles containing incorrect and irresponsible claims regarding the allegation of Woody Allen’s having sexually abused his adopted daughter, Dylan Farrow. As the author of two lengthy, heavily researched and thoroughly fact-checked articles that deal with that allegation—the first published in 1992, when Dylan was seven, and the second last fall, when she was 28—I feel obliged to set the record straight.
1. Mia never went to the police about the allegation of sexual abuse. Her lawyer told her on August 5, 1992, to take the seven-year-old Dylan to a pediatrician, who was bound by law to report Dylan’s story of sexual violation to law enforcement and did so on August 6.
2. Allen had been in therapy for alleged inappropriate behavior toward Dylan with a child psychologist before the abuse allegation was presented to the authorities or made public….
3. Allen refused to take a polygraph administered by the Connecticut state police. Instead, he took one from someone hired by his legal team. The Connecticut state police refused to accept the test as evidence….
4. Allen subsequently lost four exhaustive court battles—a lawsuit, a disciplinary charge against the prosecutor, and two appeals—and was made to pay more than $1 million in Mia’s legal fees….
5. In his 33-page decision, Judge Wilk found that Mr. Allen’s behavior toward Dylan was “grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her.”….
6. Dylan’s claim of abuse was consistent with the testimony of three adults who were present that day….
7. The Yale-New Haven Hospital Child Sex Abuse Clinic’s finding that Dylan had not been sexually molested, cited repeatedly by Allen’s attorneys, was not accepted as reliable by Judge Wilk, or by the Connecticut state prosecutor who originally commissioned them….
8. Allen changed his story about the attic where the abuse allegedly took place. First, Allen told investigators he had never been in the attic where the alleged abuse took place….
9. The state attorney, Maco, said publicly he did have probable cause to press charges against Allen but declined, due to the fragility of the “child victim.”….
10. I am not a longtime friend of Mia Farrow’s, and I did not make any deal with her….
Woody Allen’s 1992 custody suit against Mia Farrow