November 28, 2013 Comments Off on Fran’s Day Care Case Information – Keller Case
Fran’s Day Care Case Information – Keller Case
November 27, 2013 case update:
Fran Keller, a former Austin day care owner was freed on bond Tuesday November 26, 2013 after 21 years in prison for sexual abuse of children in her care. Dan Keller her husband, who was also convicted of sexual abuse, is expected to be freed the following week.
The Travis County district attorney’s office agreed to not oppose the Kellers’ release on bond. They acknowledged that a key prosecution witness (a doctor who provided the only physical evidence of abuse in this case) had recanted his testimony as a mistake based on inexperience in pediatric exams.
Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg stated that “Given the crucial nature of (that) testimony in a child sexual abuse case, I agreed that there is a reasonable likelihood that his false testimony affected the judgment of the jury and violated Frances Keller’s right to a fair trial.” (Radio KLBJ news article)
Lehmberg also stated: “The Court of Criminal Appeals will review both cases. No further action or decisions on the case will be made until that review is finalized.” (Daily Mail news article)
Additional historic information about the case, including an article from a participant in the case is at:
Fran’s Day Care Case – Randy Noblitt, PhD http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/frans-day-care/
THE MYSTERIOUS KELLERS
1992 article on the Fran Keller day care case http://www.nytimes.com/1992/11/27/us/day-care-couple-guilty-of-abuse.html
Austin PD Press release on the Fran Keller case 1992
November 27, 2013 Comments Off on Satanic ritual child sex abuse claims, Lostprophets’ Ian Watkins Admits Rape Attempts
Satanic ritual child sex abuse claims
By JOANNE McCARTHY Nov. 26, 2013
EMBATTLED child sex abuse advocate Liz Mullinar has alarmed supporters with disturbing claims about satanic ritual abuse in response to allegations against her Heal for Life centre.
In a statement yesterday Ms Mullinar claimed 10 per cent of abuse victims at Heal for Life, or more than 500 people, reported being victims of satanic ritual abuse….
Lostprophets’ Ian Watkins Admits Rape Attempts
Sky News 11/26/13
Former Lostprophets frontman Ian Watkins has admitted a string of sex offences, including two charges of attempting to rape a baby.
The singer had faced 24 sex-offence charges but pleaded guilty to 11 of them at the last minute, nine of which were unchanged and two of attempted rape of an infant, which were downgraded from actual rape.
The charges included sexually touching a one-year-old and encouraging a mother to abuse her own child during a webcam chat. Watkins also admitted possessing and making child abuse images as well as being behind the plot to rape the child.
Watkins, 36, from Pontypridd, south Wales, insisted he had no memory of what would have been key video evidence at the trial showing him abusing his victim, the court heard.
Prosecuting QC Chris Clee said camcorder footage shot in a London hotel room showed Watkins perform a sex act on the child. Computer analysts found the footage had been uploaded to an online storage facility….
The court also heard details of a plot to turn babies in subservient sex slaves using hard drugs….
Silvio Berlusconi was ‘bunga bunga’ ringmaster, says court document , Man charged with murder, Lambeth ‘slaves’ rescue: The shocking and distressing cases of modern day slavery
November 24, 2013 Comments Off on Silvio Berlusconi was ‘bunga bunga’ ringmaster, says court document , Man charged with murder, Lambeth ‘slaves’ rescue: The shocking and distressing cases of modern day slavery
Silvio Berlusconi was ‘bunga bunga’ ringmaster, says court document Document explaining reasons behind Italian ex-PM’s conviction says there is proof he had sexual relations with 17-year-old Reuters in Milan theguardian.com, Thursday 21 November 2013
Silvio Berlusconi was ‘bunga bunga’ ringmaster, says court document Document explaining reasons behind Italian ex-PM’s conviction says there is proof he had sexual relations with 17-year-old
Silvio Berlusconi was the ringmaster of “bunga bunga” sex parties at his luxurious villa near Milan, giving the go-ahead for young women to perform pole dances and stripteases, according to a court document.
The former Italian prime minister, who faces potential expulsion from his Senate seat next week after receiving a final conviction for tax fraud in a separate case, was handed a seven-year jail sentence in June for abuse of office and paying for sex with a minor during the parties.
In a document released on Thursday explaining the reasons behind the conviction, the court said there was sufficient proof that the 77-year-old had sexual relations with the former nightclub dancer Karima el-Mahroug, who was 17 at the time, in exchange for money and jewellery.
It said Berlusconi directed women to perform and dance erotically during the parties.
“It is proven that the director of the young women’s sexual performances was Berlusconi himself,” the court said.
Berlusconi has described the evenings as “elegant dinners” and is appealing against the verdict. He will not have to serve any jail time for the conviction unless it is upheld after two appeals….
Evidence also shows Berlusconi was aware that Mahroug, also known by her stage name Ruby the Heartstealer, was under 18 at the time, below the legal age limit for prostitution in Italy, the court found….
Man charged with murder after body found in Lancaster woods Jonathan McFadden Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013 Missing man’s body found near brother’s home
A Lancaster man with “Satan” tattooed over his right eye and a criminal history of assault and burglary is accused of killing a father who had been missing for more than a month, and then hiding his body in woods 20 feet away from the dead man’s brother’s house, deputies said on Friday. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/11/23/4488064/arrest-made-in-lancaster-homicide.html
Lambeth ‘slaves’ rescue: The shocking and distressing cases of modern day slavery By Anthony Bond 21 Nov 2013
Three women were rescued from a London home after allegedly being held as slaves – it is one of a number of shocking cases in recent years
Horrific news emerged today that three “traumatised” women were believed to have been imprisoned in a London home for more than 30 years.
Detectives this morning arrested a man and a woman, both aged 67, as part of an investigation into slavery and domestic servitude.
The Metropolitan Police said it had “never seen anything of this magnitude before”.
However, in recent years, there have been a number of shocking cases of slavery and people being held captive…. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lambeth-slaves-rescue-10-shocking-2830139
November 22, 2013 Comments Off on Accused molester seeks deal for reduced sentence
Accused molester seeks deal for reduced sentence
By Peter Schworm Globe Staff November 20, 2013
WOBURN — A lawyer for accused serial child molester John Burbine proposed in court Wednesday that his client be castrated in exchange for a sharply reduced prison sentence, but said prosecutors rejected the idea and were preparing for trial.
William Barabino, who represents Burbine, said he was seeking a plea agreement that would limit Burbine’s sentence to a maximum of 15 years if he agreed to undergo the procedure. But prosecutors, who are seeking a life sentence for Burbine, said they were not open to a plea, Barabino said….
Burbine is accused of raping and sexually abusing 13 children that he gained access to through his wife’s unlicensed day care business between 2010 and 2012. The youngest victim was eight days old. Authorities say most of the assaults took place in the victims’ homes….
John Burbine is also facing charges that he raped a boy in Saugus on several occasions from 1990 to 1994. He was convicted and received a six-month suspended sentence for sexually molesting three young brothers in the late 1980s.
Barabino said he was seeking to negotiate a plea because he is “realistic about the charges” and said Burbine has never disputed them….
Girl sexually assaulted by priest after seeking food: witness, Retired minister from Cambridge found guilty of sexual offences
November 21, 2013 Comments Off on Girl sexually assaulted by priest after seeking food: witness, Retired minister from Cambridge found guilty of sexual offences
Girl sexually assaulted by priest after seeking food: witness
Eric Dejaeger on trial for dozens of sexual abuse charges dating to the 1970s and 80s
CBC News Posted: Nov 20, 2013
A witness testifying at the trial of Eric Dejaeger in Iqaluit told the court on Wednesday that the accused sexually assaulted her after she sought food at the church.
The 41-year-old woman said her family in Igloolik, Nunavut, was sometimes hungry for days at a time between 1978 and 1982, the years when Eric Dejaeger was the priest in the remote community.
The Roman Catholic priest, 66, is on trial for dozens of sexual abuse charges, relating to incidents alleged to have occurred while Dejaeger was in Igloolik….
The witness this morning testified that she was sexually assaulted numerous times by Dejaeger. She told the court how her grandmother, who was raising her, often sent her to the church for a meal.
The witness said that after one such meal, when she was eight years old, Dejaeger took her upstairs and raped her.
She says she was bleeding after the assault….
The witness says she told her grandmother about the assault, but she says the woman didn’t believe her and beat her.
She says she stopped going to school after the assault so she didn’t have to face Dejaeger during after-class Bible study….
A timeline of events in Nunavut abuse case involving Catholic priest
By Bob Weber, The Canadian Press Nov 17, 2013
A timeline of events in the case against Catholic priest Eric Dejaeger, who faces a trial on 76 historical sex charges in Nunavut
Retired minister from Cambridge found guilty of sexual offences
By Catherine Thompson
Nov. 20, 2013
A retired Anglican priest from Cambridge was found guilty Tuesday of sex offences dating back almost 30 years.
Rev. George Ferris, 66, was convicted of two counts of sexual assault and one count of sexual exploitation in connection with offences that took place in Brant County between 1983 and 1989, when he served at St. James’ Anglican Church in Paris, Ont.
Ferris also faces three other charges of sexual assault against three other complainants, in a second trial scheduled to go ahead in Brantford on Nov. 28….
November 19, 2013 Comments Off on Google, Microsoft Block Child Abuse Search Results
Google, Microsoft Block Child Abuse Search Results
LONDON November 18, 2013 (AP)
By SYLVIA HUI Associated Press
Google and Microsoft have introduced software that makes it harder for users to search for child abuse material online, the companies said in a joint announcement Monday.
Writing ahead of a British summit on Internet safety, Google’s executive chairman Eric Schmidt said his company has fine-tuned Google Search to clean up results for over 100,000 search terms. When users type in queries that may be related to child sexual abuse, they will find no results that link to illegal content.
“We will soon roll out these changes in more than 150 languages, so the impact will be truly global,” Schmidt wrote in the Daily Mail newspaper.
The restrictions are being launched in Britain and other English-speaking countries first. Similar changes are being brought out on Microsoft’s Bing search engine.
The two companies are sharing picture detection technology to identify child abuse photographs whenever they appear on their systems, and Google is also testing technology to identify and remove illegal videos.
Other measures include warnings at the top of Google search for more than 13,000 queries to make it clear that child abuse is illegal….
November 17, 2013 Comments Off on Mormon church denies lawsuit’s claims of sex abuse coverup
Mormon church denies lawsuit’s claims of sex abuse coverup
Fri Nov 1, 2013 by Matthew Umstead
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in a statement released Wednesday adamantly denied claims made in a lawsuit that it covered up sexual abuse of 12 children in Berkeley County by a member who has since been excommunicated and imprisoned.
The lawsuit filed Sept. 16 names Mormon church officials and excommunicated member Christopher Michael Jensen and his parents as defendants. It was filed in Berkeley County Circuit Court on behalf of five families and 12 children among them.
“The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has zero tolerance for abuse of any kind,” the church said in its statement, which was released by Martinsburg attorney William J. Powell, who is representing the church in this case….
The lawsuit alleges the church was repeatedly put on notice and/or had knowledge of Jensen’s “predatory acts,” but actively covered up the abuse and assisted him “in committing further unspeakable acts, by enabling (Jensen) to babysit for and live with other church families with young children.”….
“The church, in short, thwarted the protections that would have been triggered by reporting the abuses and provided (Jensen) the opportunity to abuse more and more children, which he did. This pattern continued for over five years, until (Jensen) was finally indicted in 2012,” the lawsuit said.
November 16, 2013 Comments Off on Survivorship Webinar – How to get through the holidays – December 14, 2013
12:00 noon Pacific Time
Presenter: Neil Brick
How to get through the holidays using different approaches.
Neil Brick is the founder of S.M.A.R.T. (Stop Mind Control and Ritual Abuse Today) at http://ritualabuse.us. He is a survivor of ritual abuse and a survivor advocate. He works on developing supports for survivors and getting information out to the general public about ritual abuse. He runs yearly ritual abuse conferences on the east coast of the United States every year at http://ritualabuse.us/smart-conference. Links to his presentation transcripts and research papers are at http://neilbrick.com
Neil will talk about how ritual abuse survivors can deal with the stress of the holidays and how they can deal with difficult dates. The discussion will include ways to build support systems, ways to decrease stress, ways to set emotional boundaries with others and using meditation and relaxation techniques to help deal with stress.
Registration closes Thursday evening December 12, 2013
To reserve a space in the webinar, e-mail Shamai at firstname.lastname@example.org and give her this information:
1. Your name
2. The webinar you wish to attend: How to get through the holidays using different approaches.
3. Amount and method of payment (check, PayPal, money order)
4. Your preferred e-mail address (so we can send you instructions)
5. The name you will be using for the webinar. (This does not have to be your real name or your message board screen name.)
You will receive a confirmation email immediately and an invitation link and instructions after the registration closes. Even though you register with Survivorship, please remember to register with the webinar invitation link in order to get all the information you will need.
Webinars are on a sliding scale from $50.00 to full scholarship (while we offer full scholarships for webinars please consider paying whatever you are able to. Even $5 will help to cover the cost of the webinar provider). Please remember to factor in the cost of the telephone call if you don’t have a computer headset. The PayPal button is near the bottom of the page at http://www.survivorship.org/webinars.html
If you wish to pay by check please send it to: Survivorship, Family Justice Center, 470 27th Street, Oakland, CA 94612.
Survivorship members may listen to past webinars in the members’ section.
We strive to present all webinars in our archives, and sometimes, for technical reasons, we are unable to.
For information on joining Survivorship, go to http://www.survivorship.org/about/membership.html
Complete details on all our webinars are at http://www.survivorship.org/webinars.html
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Shamai@survivorship.org