Child P_rn Victim Sues Viewers, Yeshiva University Sex Abuse, Fran’s Day Care
August 28, 2013 Comments Off on Child P_rn Victim Sues Viewers, Yeshiva University Sex Abuse, Fran’s Day Care
Masha Allen Lawsuit: Child Porn Victim Sues Viewers For $150K Apiece By MARYCLAIRE DALE 08/27/13
PHILADELPHIA — A child pornography victim from Pennsylvania is using a law that carries her name to seek at least $150,000 each from her father, 13 other jailed men and anyone else who viewed explicit images of her.
“Masha’s Law” is named for Masha Allen, a Russian orphan adopted at age 5 by divorced Pittsburgh-area millionaire Matthew Mancuso. He’s in prison for making and posting about 200 sexually explicit images of her that authorities believe have been viewed millions of times online.
The FBI sought the identity of the child known as the “Internet Girl” or “Disney World Girl” and located Masha in 2003, when she was 10. She is now 20 and has changed her name to regain some measure of privacy after testifying in Congress….
Her class-action lawsuit, filed Friday in Philadelphia under the name Jane Doe, targets doctors and other professionals like Mancuso who have assets that could be seized. All of the named defendants are in prison for exploiting her….
“Scarred by years of brutal exploitation, she must now also bear the humiliating knowledge that untold numbers of men … continue to take sadistic pleasure in viewing and distributing graphic visual depiction of her pain and degradation,” the lawsuit said….
Mancuso, an engineer in his mid-40s, had sought to adopt a girl between the ages of 4 and 6, explaining that he wanted to make up for his strained relationship with his teenage daughter, according to the Congressional hearing transcript. He then repeatedly raped and sexually abused Masha on camera, sometimes during trips to Disney World.
Mancuso, who lived in Plum, is serving a 15-year federal sentence for child pornography. He also faces a state sentence for child rape and incest when he leaves federal prison….
YU Sex Abuse Extended beyond Boys High School By: JTA Published: August 27th, 2013
Incidents of physical and sexual abuse at Yeshiva University were not limited to its high school for boys, an investigation has found.
The investigation commissioned by the university and carried out by the New York-based law firm Sullivan & Cromwell followed reports of sexual abuse by two faculty members at Y.U.’s high school for boys in the 1970s and ‘80s.
The report produced by investigators and released Monday confirmed that “multiple incidents of varying types of sexual and physical abuse took place” at the high school, perpetrated by individuals in positions of authority and continuing even after administration members had been made aware of the problem. The probe also found sexual abuse at other divisions of the university but, citing pending litigation, did not describe them in any detail or specify where they took place.
“Up until 2001, there were multiple instances in which the University either failed to appropriately act to protect the safety of its students or did not respond to the allegations at all,” the report said. “This lack of an appropriate response by the University caused victims to believe that their complaints fell on deaf ears or were simply not believed by the University’s administration.”
While the report noted that Y.U.’s responses to allegations of abuse after 2001 improved significantly, it issued detailed recommendations for new policies at the school to prevent and report sexual or physical abuse or harassment. The report did not go into detail on the past instances of sexual abuse….
Fran’s Day Care
Here are a few facts about the Fran’s Day Care case:
1. Children’s parents were alerted when children returned home from daycare wearing their under clothing inside out or wearing other children’s underwear and sometimes having wet hair.
2. The children who were old enough to speak reported sexual assaults by Dan Keller and other visitors to the school. The older children also reported assaults on younger, pre-verbal children at the school.
3. The Kellers attempted to evade arrest by fleeing to Las Vegas. They were captured there wearing disguises. Fran has bleached her hair blond.
4. A co-defendant, Doug Perry, a sheriff’s deputy, pled guilty, turned state’s evidence, testified against the Kellers, and received a 10-year probated sentence. Perry is a registered sex offender in Texas.
5. The defense did not retain an expert witness in defense of the Kellers. They only produced a copy of Richard Gardner’s book, Sex Abuse Hysteria, in response to the allegations against the Kellers.
6. The prosecution did not discuss ritual abuse until the subject was raised by the defense at which point the prosecution’s expert witness, Randy Noblitt, explained what ritual abuse is and how it works. He also provided testimony in response to the production of the Richard Gardner book intended by the defense to demonstrate in unreliability of sex abuse claims by children. (The book’s theme is that all people are latent pedophiles and that parents receive vicarious sexual gratification from their children’s sexual experiences).