Michael Jackson 2005 trial, UN tells Vatican to hand over abuse details, Yeshiva University High School former students file $380 million sex abuse lawsuit, Ohio kidnappings: Watch Ariel Castro’s alleged victims break their silence to thank public
July 10, 2013 Comments Off on Michael Jackson 2005 trial, UN tells Vatican to hand over abuse details, Yeshiva University High School former students file $380 million sex abuse lawsuit, Ohio kidnappings: Watch Ariel Castro’s alleged victims break their silence to thank public
– Court document requesting to introduce “homosexual and heterosexual picture books, videos and magazines” into the 2005 Michael Jackson trial,
– UN tells Vatican to hand over details of child sex abuse cases
– Third arrest over 1980s guest house child abuse claims
– Yeshiva University High School former students file $380 million sex abuse lawsuit
– Ohio kidnappings: Watch Ariel Castro’s alleged victims break their silence to thank public
Court document requesting to introduce “homosexual and heterosexual picture books, videos and magazines” into the 2005 Michael Jackson trial, that were found at the Neverland Valley Ranch.
UN tells Vatican to hand over details of child sex abuse cases
A United Nations committee has demanded that the Vatican reveal potentially explosive details about the systematic cover-up of child sex abuse by Catholic clergy.
By Nick Squires, Rome 09 Jul 2013
Campaigners have called on Pope Francis, who was elected in March, to make tackling the issue of sexually abusive priests an urgent priority of his papacy.
The UN’s Committee on the Rights of the Child released its demands for information from the Holy See on Tuesday.
The committee said that “in the light of the recognition by the Holy See of sexual violence against children committed by members of the clergy, brothers and nuns in numerous countries around the world, and given the scale of the abuses”, the Vatican should provide detailed information on all cases of child sexual abuse committed by clergy.
The Vatican was told to show whether it had implemented measures “to ensure that no member of the clergy currently accused of sexual abuse be allowed to remain in contact with children,” amid claims from around the world that bishops often moved abusive priests from one parish to another.
The UN committee demanded to know about specific cases in which bishops or other Catholic leaders had failed to report suspected abuse to the police.
Third arrest over 1980s guest house child abuse claims
Last updated Tue 9 Jul 2013
Detectives investigating claims of historical child abuse at a guest house in the 1980s have made a third arrest, Scotland Yard said.
A 69-year-old man was held in west London on suspicion of possessing indecent images of children and has been released on bail until September….
Judge who gave pervert Stuart Hall just 15 months was forced to quit after being caught visiting a gay brothel
Judge Anthony Russell QC criticised for ‘unduly lenient’ sentence
He resigned in 1996 in wake of gay brothel scandal, it emerges
Alleged to have entered ‘dark room’ with doctor and hospital porter
Later reinstated and rose up the ranks to become a senior judge
By Jaya Narain 24 June 2013
A judge who provoked outrage by jailing Stuart Hall for just 15 months for child sex offences once quit his post after being caught in a gay brothel.
Anthony Russell’s legal career looked to be over when he was forced to admit visiting the male-only sauna.
He was said to have gone into a ‘dark room’ inside the club with a leading doctor and a hospital porter.
Following a ‘sting’ by a Sunday newspaper in 1996, he resigned as part-time recorder of Bolton and gave up his position as the top lawyer for the Inland Revenue.
Five years later he was reinstated, however, and has since gone on to become a senior judge – the role in which he handed Hall his jail sentence last week.
Hall had admitted indecently assaulting 13 girls between 1967 and 1986, the youngest being just nine years old.
Yeshiva University High School former students file $380 million sex abuse lawsuit
The school ‘was allowing known sexual predators to roam the school at will seeking other victims,’ says attorney Kevin Mulhearn, who filed the suit on behalf of the 19 plaintiffs.
By Michael O’keeffe / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, July 8, 2013
Chancellor of Yeshiva University Rabbi Norman Lamm announced his retirement on Monday, July 1, 2013, Lamm said he was wrong in the way he handled allegations of sexual abuse at the university’s high school decades ago. Lamm is stepping down after decades at the university amid an ongoing investigation into accusations of abuse by alumni.
Nineteen former students at Yeshiva University High School have filed a bombshell $380 million lawsuit against the prestigious Jewish institution claiming horrific acts of sexual abuse that went unchecked for two decades at the Manhattan school.
“Yeshiva University High School held itself out as an exemplary Jewish secondary school when in fact it was allowing known sexual predators to roam the school at will seeking other victims,” said attorney Kevin Mulhearn, who filed the suit on behalf of the 19 plaintiffs. “Childhood sexual abuse in the Orthodox Jewish community can no longer be condoned and excused.”
One victim claims administrators ignored his protests when he told them a Judaic studies teacher sodomized him with a toothbrush. Other victims — the children of Holocaust survivors — say a former principal persuaded them not to tell their parents after he sexually assaulted them because their mothers and fathers had already suffered through so much….
Ohio kidnappings: Watch Ariel Castro’s alleged victims break their silence to thank public
9 Jul 2013 By Chris Bucktin
They spoke out in a video, saying the encouragement of family, friends and the public has enabled them to restart their lives
The brave victims of the Ohio kidnappings have revealed how they are restarting their lives after their ordeal in the house of horror.
In a moving video released today, Amanda Berry, 27, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Michelle Knight, 32, flashed big smiles as they spoke for the first time since being rescued.
Former bus driver Ariel Castro, 52, has been charged with 329 offences including multiple counts of kidnap, torture and rape….