November 30, 2010 Comments Off on Munich Abuse Case – Archbishop Ratzinger Failed to Deal with Suspected Pedophile Priest
Munich Abuse Case – Archbishop Ratzinger Failed to Deal with Suspected Pedophile Priest By Conny Neumann and Peter Wensierski 11/29/2010
New documents show how the former Archbishop Joseph Ratzinger — now Pope Benedict XVI — and his successor Reinhard Marx failed to properly deal with a suspected pedophile. Despite massive allegations of abuse, the archdiocese allowed the priest to continue working with children…..
According to the allegations, during his tenure in Munich, Ratzinger did not give sufficient attention to the type of duties that were assigned to the alleged pedophile H. Despite massive allegations of abuse levied against the priest, the archdiocese led by Ratzinger allowed H. to continue to be involved in church work with children and young people.
For months now, very little progress has been made in clearing up this case. This is partly because the current archbishop of Munich, Reinhard Marx, who the pope recently promoted to cardinal, swiftly decided that the matter was settled.
H. was transferred to Munich in January 1980 after he had apparently sexually abused a number of boys in his home diocese of Essen. Under Ratzinger’s leadership, the Munich archdiocese expressly approved H.’s transfer on January 15, 1980. It was decided that the cleric was to undergo therapy.
Recently discovered documents now show that there could have been no doubt in Munich about the priest’s previous history. The head of personnel in Essen had informed Ratzinger’s head of personnel by phone and in writing that, in regard to H., “there is a risk which has prompted us to immediately remove him from the parish.” Furthermore, he said that “an official complaint has been lodged by members of the parish.”
But his victims are still waiting in vain for a genuine clarification of the matter. Wilfried Fesselmann, for instance, who says that he was abused by H. in 1979, wrote to Pope Benedict XVI last May. The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith replied: “Your request is being processed.” Since then, he has heard nothing from them. The archdiocese of Munich is also reticent to comment on the case, despite the fact that Marx has pledged: “We want to do everything to clear this up — we will not look away, play it down or point the finger at others.”….
In spring 2010, the Munich affair caused an enormous stir. It initially looked as if the abuse scandal would engulf Ratzinger personally. After all, the pedophile who was accepted by him into the archdiocese in Munich was able to continue working there as a pastor for three decades and find new victims — despite the fact that he was charged a fine and given a suspended sentence in 1986 for abusing schoolchildren.
November 29, 2010 Comments Off on Liberia’s civil war – child soldiers, ritual sacrifices and warlords
article describes graphic crimes
Face to face with General Butt Naked – ‘the most evil man in the world’ By Edna Fernandes 28th November 2010
….The initiation is complete and the priest is now one of the most powerful leaders in West Africa. The priest is 11 years old.
As prophesied, the boy priest grew up to become one of Liberia’s most notorious warlords: General Butt Naked.
He and his boy soldiers would charge into battle naked apart from boots and machine guns.
The initiation sacrifice that he carried out aged 11 was the first life he took out of the 20,000 deaths for which he now claims responsibility.
His rivals dispute the number of deaths as impossible to prove.
Yet what is indisputable is that during Liberia’s 14 years of civil war, the man became known as one of the most inhumane and ruthless guerrilla leaders in Africa’s history.
After the former General Butt Naked confessed his past to Liberia’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) in 2008, one internet blogger asked: ‘Is this the most evil man who ever lived?’
His crimes included child sacrifice, cannibalism, the exploitation of child soldiers and trading blood diamonds for guns and cocaine, which he fed to boy soldiers as young as nine.
Yet today he says he is a reformed man. In July 1996, the warlord had ‘an epiphany’.
Having spent 14 years holding nightly conversations with the devil, he had a blinding vision of Christ who told him to end the killings and convert. This was a Damascene conversion like no other: the former tribal priest and warlord is now known as Pastor Joshua Milton Blahyi.
November 28, 2010 Comments Off on Ritual Abuse And Extreme Abuse Clinician’s Conference 2011
Ritual Abuse And Extreme Abuse Clinician’s Conference 2011 http://ritualabuse.us/smart-conference/ritual-abuse-and-extreme-abuse-clinicians-conference-2011/
A one day conference preceding our regular conference will be open to licensed practitioners in related fields to discuss issues in working with clients suffering from ritual abuse and extreme abuse symptoms. Students studying in related fields and retired licensed practitioners may write email@example.com by e-mail for more information.
Internet conference information is available at: http://ritualabuse.us/smart-conference/ritual-abuse-and-extreme-abuse-clinicians-conference-2011/
The conference will be held on August 5, 2011 from 8 am until 5 pm at the DoubleTree near the Bradley International Airport, 16 Ella Grasso Turnpike, Windsor Locks, CT. A free shuttle is available to and from the airport.
A free lunch buffet will be available to all conference participants. The cost of this conference is only $50 and limited seating will be available, so please register as soon as possible.
Registration is not guaranteed, so before making any travel arrangements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail, sending your professional qualifications. Due to the nature of the information being discussed, all conference proceedings will be confidential. Handouts and materials will be available for participants to take home.
(Please read the entire brochure before registering.)
After approval, please mail this registration form and checks (US Banks only please), money orders (US) to: Clinician’s Conference, c/o S.M.A.R.T., P O Box 1295, Easthampton, MA 01027 USA
Name: (please include names and individual addresses of all registrees, thanks.)
Licensing information : ___________________________________
There is a free shuttle to and from the airport. Hotel parking is available at no charge for those attending the conference. Conference sponsors, etc. assume no responsibility for ground and/or air transportation arrangements. Conference sponsors cannot assume responsibility for additional expense or losses due to illnesses, cancellation of flights, strikes or other causes.
Presentation of a picture ID will be required of all conference participants, unless prior arrangements are made. This is for the protection of all participants. The conference is educational and not intended as therapy or treatment. Conference sponsors, cosponsor, speakers, organizers and exhibitors assume no responsibility for any reactions resulting from attending our conference. Statements made and materials exhibited and distributed by attendees, speakers and exhibitors are their own and don’t necessarily represent the policies or views of conference sponsors, cosponsor, speakers, exhibitors, organizers or attendees. Children are not permitted to attend the conference. S.M.A.R.T. and its representatives also reserve the right to remove anyone from the conference at any time. Photographing, audio taping and videotaping without written permission from S.M.A.R.T. are prohibited.
Room rates for Friday night at the DoubleTree Hotel at Bradley International Airport (CT) are $89 a day for one person (not incl. tax), please mention the SMART 2011 conference to get the special rate. This rate is guaranteed until 7/7/11 or all rooms at the special rate are gone. Call 860-627-5171 for information. The hotel has no information about the conference, other than room information.
November 27, 2010 Comments Off on Barack Obama orders review of Guatemala STD study
Barack Obama orders review of Guatemala STD study
24 Nov 2010 President Barack Obama has asked a bioethical committee to review federal guidelines for protecting humans during medical testing after a US study revealed that Guatemalans were intentionally infected with sexually transmitted diseases from 1946-1948.
Mr Obama sent a letter to Amy Gutmann, director of the Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues, asking her to convene a panel in January to determine “if federal regulations and international standards adequately guard the health and wellbeing of participants in scientific studies supported by the federal government.”….
The commission should wrap up its work in nine months and then deliver a report to him, he said.
The Guatemalan study, which was never published, came to light this year after Wellesley College professor Susan Reverby stumbled upon archived documents outlining the 1940s experiment led by controversial US public health doctor John Cutler.
Cutler and his fellow researchers enrolled people in Guatemala, including mental patients, for the study, which aimed to find out if penicillin, relatively new in the 1940s, could be used to prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
Cutler, was also involved in a highly controversial study known as the Tuskegee Experiment in which hundreds of African American men with late-stage syphilis were observed but given no treatment for 40 years, between 1932 and 1972.
Initially, the researchers infected female Guatemalan commercial sex workers with gonorrhoea or syphilis, and then allowed them to have unprotected sex with soldiers or prison inmates.
A total of some 1,500 people took part in the study.
November 26, 2010 Comments Off on CIA brain experiments pursued in veterans’ suit, Paedophile ring in Cornwall
CIA brain experiments pursued in veterans’ suit By Jeff Stein 11/24/2010 The CIA is notorious for its Cold War-era experiments with LSD and other chemicals on unwitting citizens and soldiers. Details have emerged in books and articles beginning more than 30 years ago. But if military veterans have their way in a California law suit, the spy agency’s quest to turn humans into robot-like assassins via electrodes planted in their brains will get far more exposure than the drugs the CIA tested on subjects ranging from soldiers to unwitting bar patrons and the clients of prostitutes….
In 1961, a top CIA scientist reported in an internal memo that “the feasibility of remote control of activities in several species of animals has been demonstrated…Special investigations and evaluations will be conducted toward the application of selected elements of these techniques to man,” according to “The CIA and the Search for the Manchurian Candidate,” a 1979 book by former State Department intelligence officer John Marks.
“[T]his cold-blooded project,” Marks wrote, “was designed … for the delivery of chemical and biological agents or for ‘executive action-type operations,’ according to a document. ‘Executive action’ was the CIA’s euphemism for assassination.”
The CIA pursued such experiments because it was convinced the Soviets were doing the same.
Victims have sought justice for years, in vain. Now, almost 40 years later, a federal magistrate has ordered the CIA to produce records and witnesses about the LSD and other experiments “allegedly conducted on thousands of soldiers from 1950 through 1975,” according to news accounts.
U.S. Magistrate Judge John Larsen’s Nov. 17 order exempted the agency from having to testify about electrode tests on humans, but Gordon P. Erspamer, lead attorney for the veterans, says “we are pursuing this as well.”
“There is no question that these experiments were done,” Erspamer said by e-mail Tuesday, “but defendants say that they used private researchers and test subjects drawn from prisons, hospitals and nursing homes as subjects, not active duty military [personnel]. CIA said it had no one knowledgeable on this topic.”
Erspamer, senior counsel in the San Francisco office of Morrison & Foerster, said “several” CIA witnesses “are…still alive,” naming some that have been publicly identified, but opting to keep secret others before he calls them.
Papers filed in the case describe “electrical devices implanted in brain tissue with electrodes in various regions, including the hippocampus, the hypothalamus, the frontal lobe (via the septum), the cortex and various other places,” Erspamer said, drawing on [research papers] ( http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/documents/spytalk_heath_document.pdf ) written by government scientists….
“A lot of this work was done out of Tulane University using a local state hospital and funding from a cut-out (front) organization called the Commonwealth Fund,” he continued, again drawing on the research papers.
“We tried to get docs from Tulane, but they told us that they were destroyed in the hurricane flooding.”….
Paedophile ring in Cornwall ‘abused at least 30 girls’ 26 November 2010 A third man involved in a paedophile ring which police say abused dozens of girls has been convicted of sex crimes. James Machin was found guilty at Truro Crown Court of 10 sex offences relating to girls under 13. Two others were convicted of sex abuse charges in 2008. Police described the abuse by the men in the Camborne area, found in a three-year investigation, as “horrific”. One victim was five years old. Inquiries began in December 2007 after a victim’s parent raised concerns.
Abused at house
Two girls were abused by the same three men, the court heard.
John Barrett, 49, from the Camborne area, abused two girls, who were aged five and seven when the crimes first started, and passed them on to John Wrey to do the same. Barrett was jailed for 14 years and 6 months in 2008 for 16 sexual offences.
Devon and Cornwall Police
Wrey, 55, from Hayle, who was arrested at the same time as Barrett, is serving a five-and-a-year sentence for his part in the abuse after he was also convicted in 2008. On Friday a jury decided, after two days of deliberations, that Machin was also guilty of similar sex offences against the girls which Barrett had passed on to him. Machin, 54, from Falmouth, who was arrested in June 2009 and had denied all 10 counts, has yet to be sentenced.
November 21, 2010 Comments Off on Woman fighting sex slavery named CNN Hero of the Year
Woman fighting sex slavery named CNN Hero of the Year
Child Abuse Wiki
November 21, 2010 Los Angeles, California (CNN) A woman whose group has rescued more than 12,000 women and girls from sex slavery has been named the 2010 CNN Hero of the Year.
Anuradha Koirala was chosen by the public in an online poll that ran for eight weeks on CNN.com. CNN’s Anderson Cooper revealed the result at the conclusion of the fourth annual “CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute.”
“Human trafficking is a crime, a heinous crime, a shame to humanity,” Koirala said earlier in the evening after being introduced as one of the top 10 CNN Heroes of 2010. “I ask everyone to join me to create a society free of trafficking. We need to do this for all our daughters.”
Koirala was introduced by actress Demi Moore, who along with her husband, Ashton Kutcher, created DNA, The Demi and Ashton Foundation, which aims to eliminate child sex slavery worldwide.
November 20, 2010 Comments Off on Collusion: the Dark History of the Duplessis Orphans a Canadian Genocide
Collusion: the Dark History of the Duplessis Orphans a Canadian Genocide
“I, Rod Vienneau and my wife, Clarina Duguay, have written more than two thousand letters demanding justice on behalf of the “Duplessis Orphans” who include, in Quebec: orphans held in psychiatric institutions, farm orphans, orphans of Huberdeau, orphans imprisoned in Bordeaux without trial, first nations (Amerindian) children from different reservations and those coming from practically every orphanage. It is a conspiracy of silence beyond belief that has pushed me to write a book about this case. Thousands of orphans have been kept prisoner illegally here in Quebec, in psychiatric hospitals, in psychiatric sanatoriums and in the Bordeaux prison….from the 1930’s until 1975…My long research has led me far beyond the borders of Quebec — first around Canada, of course, but also to Germany, England and the United States. The latter must be mentioned because they have a very key role in the fate which these children of the past, in Quebec, but also elsewhere, were to meet.”
Author : Rod Vienneau Title in French : Les enfants de la Grande Noir ceur Bibliothèque Nationale de Québec ISBN : 978-2-9809870-0-7