FIRST TELEVISION INTERVIEW: TYLER PERRY SPEAKS OUT ABOUT BEING MOLESTED AND THE AFTERMATH October 20, 2010 He was beaten, scarred and nearly broken. In a groundbreaking interview, Hollywood mogul Tyler Perry reveals the devastating details of his childhood sexual abuse. Tune in on November 5, 2010, when Tyler and 200 abused men are standing together with one voice. http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/First-TV-Interview-Tyler-Perry-Speaks-Out-About-Being-Molested_1
Tyler Perry’s Traumatic Childhood – The Oprah Winfrey Show October 20, 2010….But Tyler’s life wasn’t always so fortunate. For years, he says he suffered brutal physical abuse at the hands of his father and severe sexual abuse at the hands of several adults. Inside or outside the home, Tyler says he never felt safe. Now, for the first time, Tyler reveals in-depth details of his traumatic childhood and shares his personal story—a story of strength, power and, ultimately, triumph. http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Tyler-Perry-Speaks-Out-About-Being-Molested-and-the-Aftermath
Priest extradited from U.S. jailed for UK sex abuse Oct 22, 2010 LONDON (Reuters) – A former Roman Catholic priest was jailed for 21 years on Friday for sexual offences against boys, after being extradited to Britain from the United States. James Robinson, a former boxer and colliery blacksmith, was found guilty of 21 charges of sexual abuse between 1959 and 1983, including offences against two altar boys. Robinson, 73, used his status as a priest to gain “unfettered and unlimited” access to boys, giving them gifts and taking them on trips in his sports car, prosecutor John Atwood told the court in Birmingham, central England.
Former U.K. priest jailed for sexual abuse Oct. 22, 2010 LONDON (UPI) — Former Catholic priest James Robinson was sentenced Friday to 21 years in jail in Britain for decades of sexual abuse. Robinson, who was extradited from California to the United Kingdom last year, was found guilty on 21 counts of sexual abuse between 1959 and 1983, The Sun reported. Robinson, 73, fled to the United States from Britain in 1985, when he was first accused of pedophilia. Prosecutors said he was moved from parish to parish as a priest, showering gifts on his intended victims to get close to them. He was convicted of abusing six people, including two altar boys. His victims are now in their 40s, 50s and 60s.