CONSPIRACY OF SILENCE (1994) – LONG VERSION – THE FRANKLIN SCANDAL (1994) Recently Discovered Longer, Higher Quality Version of the “Unaired” 1993/1994 Yorkshire Television Investigative Documentary “Conspiracy of Silence”. Concerning allegations of a Network of Paedophile Rings in Nebraska & Washington D.C.
http://www.franklinscandal.com book by journalist Nick Bryant: “The Franklin Scandal: A Story of Powerbrokers, Child Abuse & Betrayal.”
More sex allegations hit Roman Polanski By AFP, Vancouver Sun May 14, 2010
Fugitive film-maker Roman Polanski was hit by fresh allegations of sexual misconduct Friday by a woman who claims the director “forced himself” upon her just after her 16th birthday in 1982. Polanski, who is fighting extradition to the United States to face sentencing in his 1978 child sex case, was accused by British actress Charlotte Lewis of sexually abusing her at his apartment in Paris nearly 30 years ago.
In a press conference at the Beverly Hills offices of prominent attorney Gloria Allred, Lewis, 42, said she was speaking out to refute suggestions from Polanski’s legal team that his earlier case was an isolated incident. “I am also a victim of Roman Polanski. He sexually abused me in the worst possible way when I was just 16-years-old, four years after he fled the United States to avoid sentencing for his crimes,” Lewis said in a prepared statement.
Allred said Lewis had given statements to Los Angeles police and prosecutors about the incident which she hoped would be taken into consideration if Polanski was extradited back to the United States for sentencing. “It is very important that the District Attorney and the Swiss authorities are armed with this information as they decide Mr Polanski’s fate,” said Lewis, who had a minor role in Polanski’s 1986 period flop “Pirates.”
“Mr Polanski knew I was only 16 years old when he met me and forced himself upon me in his apartment in Paris. He took advantage of me and I have lived with the effects of his behavior ever since it occurred. http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/More+allegations+Roman+Polanski/3029260/story.html
Settlement in 26 Vermont priest sex abuse cases AP Attorney Jerome F. O’Neill holds a news conference in Burlington, Vt., Thursday, May 13, 2010. By LISA RATHKE, Associated Press Writer Lisa Rathke, Associated Press Writer – May 13, 2010 MONTPELIER, Vt. – Dozens of former altar boys who sued Vermont’s Catholic church over allegations of sexual abuse by priests 30 years ago will share in a nearly $18 million settlement of their cases. The attorney for the 26 plaintiffs and the bishop of the statewide Diocese of Burlington said Thursday they were pleased by the settlement, but both acknowledged that the cases had been difficult for the victims….
The lawsuits accused the diocese of negligent hiring, and many of the cases centered on the defrocked Rev. Edward Paquette, who was the target of allegations before he transferred to Vermont in the mid-1970s. Paquette had worked in parishes in Rutland and Montpelier and in Christ the King Church in Burlington, and he was accused of molesting dozens of altar boys. The diocese didn’t dispute that the molestations occurred. The 80-year-old priest recently told the Burlington Free Press newspaper he was sorry for his actions and prays daily for the families of the people he harmed. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100514/ap_on_re_us/us_priest_sex_abuse