Teen says Sandusky chased him in car as he ran away: ABC
Reuters October 19 2012
NEW YORK (Reuters) – The 18-year-old who triggered the prosecution of Jerry Sandusky for sexually abusing him and nine other boys told ABC News the former Penn State coach once chased him down with his car as he tried to flee.
Aaron Fisher, known throughout the case as Victim 1, has revealed his identity since testifying against Sandusky at his June trial. Sandusky, 68, was convicted of 45 counts of child sex abuse and sentenced to 30 years in prison.
Fisher was just 11 when he met Sandusky through the former coach’s charity for at-risk children, The Second Mile, in 2005 or 2006. After a year of box seats at Penn State football games and weekend trips with the coach, he was sexually abused in Sandusky’s basement, leaving him confused and ashamed.
The attacks continued for years, with Sandusky misusing his position as a volunteer coach to pull the boy out of class. Fisher’s attempts to flee were met with a tightened leash.
“He once followed my bus home from school,” Fisher told ABC in the “20/20″ interview to be broadcast in full on Friday night. “I took off running but he drove on the opposite side of the street, onto oncoming traffic to catch up with me. I ran up an alley and he went to my house and parked out front.”….
When he was 15, Fisher broke down and told his mother, Dawn Daniels, and the school’s principal, Karen Probst, that Sandusky was sexually abusing him. “Aaron was melting down in the office,” Daniels told ABC. “I immediately told them we need to call the police.” But the school principal advised her to go home and think over their next steps.
“They said that Jerry has a heart of gold and that he wouldn’t do those type of things,” Daniels said.
Instead, Daniels told the principal she would be calling Clinton County Children and Youth Services. School officials, legally mandated to make such reports, called too. Probst did not return calls from Reuters for comment.
It took three years, two grand juries and a lengthy search for more victims before Sandusky was arrested in November 2011, just before Fisher’s 18th birthday….
Sandusky Victim 1 Steps Out of Shadows, Says Justice Took Too Long
By JOSEPH RHEE, GERRY WAGSCHAL, and LINH TRAN
Oct. 19, 2012
He was known only as Victim 1 in one of the most infamous child sexual abuse cases in history. But this week, Aaron Fisher revealed his identity to the world and, in an exclusive interview with “20/20′s” Chris Cuomo, told the story of those he said stood in his way as he struggled to bring now-convicted child predator Jerry Sandusky to justice: officials at his own high school….
Young Aaron came from a struggling family and didn’t have a father at home. Dawn Daniels, Fisher’s mother, recalled the times Sandusky took the boy away for the weekend to give her a break.
“Everybody knew who he was,” said Daniels, “He’s a great guy. Everybody, even my own father, said he does great things for kids.”
Sandusky’s reputation had preceded him and put Daniels at ease as far as allowing her son to spend so much time with Sandusky. But according to Fisher, Sandusky slowly turned from a “father figure” into something much darker.
“He’d put his hand on my leg while we were driving,” Fisher said, “My family never did that, so it was kind of weird.”
By the time Fisher was 12, Sandusky was sexually assaulting him. Fisher said fear, shame and confusion prevented him from seeking help and telling anyone about his tormentor….
Sandusky victim speaks out
October 19, 2012
Penn State victim Aaron Fisher says officials at his high school stood in the way of justice.
Child pornography probe leads to 21 arrests
CBC – The RCMP say a cross-country child pornography investigation has resulted in the arrest of 21 people in the Prairies, Nunavut and the N.W.T.
So far, charges have been laid against 16 of those arrested, police told reporters on Wednesday at a press conference in Regina
The charges include sexual assault, invitation to sexual touching, and distributing and possessing child pornography. Police said more charges are pending.
Det. Sgt. Darren Parisien, who led the operation for the Canadian Police Centre for Missing and Exploited Children, said hundreds of thousands of images have been found on more than 100 computers and 1,000 discs.
Parisien said most of the children in the images were under the age of 12, including a number of infants and toddlers.